"Going Home" (first time with the BR800)

Started by boneonbone, September 25, 2010, 09:34:40 PM

boneonbone

Going Home
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Just uploaded a remix of the original using a better mic for the vocals:

Trying to learn my way around a recently purchased BR800, I recorded a recently-written simple acoustic ballad.....just me and my acoustic.  There are two acoustic guitar tracks, lead and harmony vocal tracks, and made use of the onboard drum tracks.  Still reading the forums to learn to mix and master properly, so I'm nowhere near the level of some of the fabulous muscians I've listened to on this board.  The BR800 has much more horsepower than I will ever need being a solo acoustic guy.

That said, this song is about self-examination and "starting over", or "Going Home" to who you really are.   Hope you'll give a listen and share your thoughts.....thanks!

Lyrics:

Going Home

Last day of summer,   clouds are rolling in.
I feel a change is coming, from somewhere deep within
I've danced this dance quite gingerly, on shards of broken glass.
A world that's built on sand and clay, was never meant to last
So I'm, going home
Going home

You thought you were a part of me, you only knew my name.
The image that you had of me, never fit the frame
Now I'm, going home
Going home

Some things end, some begin
Winners lose, losers win

Seasons come and seasons go,  likewise so do I,
While reaching deep inside of me,  I find the reasons why,  I am
Going home
Going home
I am going home
"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby

Bluesberry

Wow this is wonderful.  Nice country vocals.  It seems you are getting to grips with your machine pretty good.  The acoustic sounds good, vocals recorded good.  harmonies too.  Keep at it, lets have another one. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

stoman

Very nice melody and vocals! The song deserves a good arrangement and mix IMO. The drums sound like midi (stiff and lifeless) and ruin the great feel the song would otherwise have - all in my opinion, of course, and I'm definitely not a pro myself.

Are there any drummers here? I sometimes use midi drums in final songs too, when I cannot find any real drummers, but I'm never happy with it. But good drummers, like good singers, seem to be a rare species. Or they don't want to waste their time singing our songs. ;)

Regards,
  Steffen

lg

Beautiful vox. I love the guitars.
Great composition and great delivery.
Piepod

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Nelson

Outstanding lyrics and vocals.
Love the musical arrangement as well.

Sort of reminds me of James Taylor.

Well Done

Nelson
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

lectric

This is a great song.  Thanks for sharing, and its going on my i-pod. The guitar parts great vox and drum super lryics all fit. I like the chord changes in the bridge. Now there is nothing you can improve on this one!!! Give us another.....Ted
Dance as if no one were watching.
Sing as if no one were listening.
And live every day as if it were your last.
- Irish proverb

Simon M

A really lovely song.  Sounds really well recorded.  Nice harmonies and tone.  I can hear the CSNY influences on your songwriting and harmonies. Welcome to the formum, I am new here myself, and find it to be a friendly, inspirational place.  Love to hear more from you.

Cheers

Simon

Geir

WOW what a way to introduce yourself! This is stellar. A beautiful song and great performance. Only listened on crappy computer speakers for now but this is heading for my mp3-player!!

You've got a great voice, please post more soon !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

welcome aboard boneonbone am playing catch up and finding little pockets of gold that i have missed after the norwegian expidition.

everything about this song is fantastic, harmonies are to die for.
if this is you just finding your way around your new br, then i think i'll just have to give up writing and singing and become a listener.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Great first effort with the new BR800. I can also pick up a hint of James Taylor which can't be bad. It certainly ticks all the boxes for me and I shall look forward to your next post.........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800