Bring your Drinking Songs to the BR Micro Bar...

Started by Greeny, October 14, 2008, 04:21:43 AM

Greeny

TIM GREEN - drunk on the bathroom floor
Time:
0:00
Volume:
There's been a bit of a recurring theme on here for drinking and booze-related songs ('2 Beers past the blues', 'Another Drinking Song' to name but two). So I thought we could have a thread to celebrate this theme! It also might give some inspiration for new material.

Here's one of mine: "DRUNK ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR" (recently done on the BR) to get the ball rolling. It always goes down well live, and people think it's quite funny when I bash it out in the pub. It wasn't when I wrote it though; it comes out of a dark, dark place...

p.s. I could murder a Jack Daniels and coke. If it doesn't kill me first that is.

Oldrottenhead

10_~in the name of fun _ the bunkbeds
Time:
0:00
Volume:
this is a real old one from the late eighties mibbes early 90s, done on my old fostex 4 track, that cost about £800 quid wow considering what the mbr costs now thats a small fortune.
anyway song is caled in the name of fun, is about the daft things you do when drunk, but then for a few hours the next day you have forgotten but then it all comes back to mind slowly through the day much to your shame and embaressment. please note this is a very rough recording hissy et all and is about 3rd generation tape recording. mibbe i should redo it on the mbr.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 14, 2008, 05:26:04 AMthis is a real old one from the late eighties mibbes early 90s, done on my old fostex 4 track, that cost about £800 quid wow considering what the mbr costs now thats a small fortune.
anyway song is caled in the name of fun, is about the daft things you do when drunk, but then for a few hours the next day you have forgotten but then it all comes back to mind slowly through the day much to your shame and embaressment. please note this is a very rough recording hissy et all and is about 3rd generation tape recording. mibbe i should redo it on the mbr.

Love it! It shows your melodic talents have always been there.

And it raises an interesting question about re-visiting old songs. Sometimes you can never quite re-capture the feel of the original. Or is that just me???

It would be good to do a half-way house, with some lo-fi crackle and pop battling with the clean digital clarity of the BR. I almost bought the BR-600 over the micro because it has some lo-fi patches on it to re-create dirty analogue sounds. But you can't stick that in your pocket  :)

Oldrottenhead

QuoteAnd it raises an interesting question about re-visiting old songs. Sometimes you can never quite re-capture the feel of the original. Or is that just me???
my problem is i work very quickly , finish a song and move on to the next one, never playing live so i rarely revisit a song, so the problem is sometimes i cant remember how to play it, that is also down to my limited musical abilities , and sometimes i do weird tuning on my guitar and cant remember what tuning was for different songs. lol
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 14, 2008, 07:10:24 AM
QuoteAnd it raises an interesting question about re-visiting old songs. Sometimes you can never quite re-capture the feel of the original. Or is that just me???
my problem is i work very quickly , finish a song and move on to the next one, never playing live so i rarely revisit a song, so the problem is sometimes i cant remember how to play it, that is also down to my limited musical abilities , and sometimes i do weird tuning on my guitar and cant remember what tuning was for different songs. lol

Definitely been there! I've trained myself to write down the chords now, which helps a bit. Especially when you have those brilliant song ideas late at night only to find they've evaporated in the morning. Except that sometimes I don't know what chord I'm playing, because I've made it up... !

BTNS

Just to say that I really appreciate both your songs. Melody and harmony speaking. And the results you get from your tracks is very inspiring. Cheers.

SteveG

Nice work guys. I am tempted to go get drunk and see what I can come up with. Have not been pissed for quite some time....

RevHeadRaZ

Cool songs.

I admire ur ability to pump out songs Rottenhead. I have so much trouble writing lyrics.

Keep it Phat 'n' Tasty

lg

Hey PLEASE in the name of fun!
redo it on MBR and post it.
I Love it!
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

mr2kewl

ORH - it would sound cool if you could keep the scratchy fuzzy part as an intro to this song and then gradually bring in the clarity. it would be like opening an musty old trunk of memories to the lite of day.

just an aimless thought from my wandering mind...

by the way, tim your talent for singing and song writing is incredible....

nuff said
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra