Norway2010 - "Something Silent" by "met" (Osckilo, Sir Harry, ORH and Geir)

Started by Geir, September 23, 2010, 02:08:09 PM

Oldrottenhead

hi guys we recorded live 4 channels into the br800, i sang into mike's rode nt1a condensor mic (man it was sweet) as the guys played around me. jings crivvens and help ma boab.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

henwrench

Well, what's to say that hasn't already been said? What a vibe, what a song, what a performance, what a sound and what a bunch of happy guys you must be. If there was any snow outside, I'd go and piss in it for you all....

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

you can sign your name henny but as long as its not in my daughters handwriting
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Kevin Mammoth

wow, this is brilliant - anticipation was high for the fledgling anglo-norwegian supergroup, and you guys really delivered.  Agree with comments about the vocals, I think there is some norwegian wood (cabin) reverb going on there
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

AndyR

Nice one. And there is something different about the orh performance...

As I was listening, and reading down the thread, I had a burning question... and then Ferryman asked it... well done sir! :D

I think part of it is the live performance and being able to get a vibe going - that's the biggest thing I miss about being in a band. It's so much more of a "natural" feeling if the other parts can change organically while you're singing or playing.

And yes, I likes me Rodes condensor mic... :)

I have one more question - were you wearing head/ear phones while you were singing orh?

And now for the rest of you - it was ok I spose...
Only kidding!! :D Lovely vibe...

I feel vaguely jealous (except I hate travelling) - playing with real humans rather than with tracks already laid down...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

all four of us had headphones on and it was great just going where  the song took us.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

SdC

recorder
Boss BR-600

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!