Norway2010 - "Something Silent" by "met" (Osckilo, Sir Harry, ORH and Geir)

Started by Geir, September 23, 2010, 02:08:09 PM

dasilvasings

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Wow, the nevermet's havemet!!  Flippin cool or what!!   Great song, great vocals, great music ~ you guys are so fortunate to meet and produce this together ~ fantastic!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Tony W

Yeah, I should have singled out your vox Jim. They are the best I've ever heard. Man, capture the feeling that you have being with a group!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Vanncad

Awesome guys!!

Wow man -  I wish I was there too!! Sounds like you guys are gonna have a good time.

This song is wicked Tharek. You should be pretty damn proud of this one.
Everything sounds fantastic guys. I'm really digging this tune.

QuoteYeah, I should have singled out your vox Jim. They are the best I've ever heard.
I agree 100% Jim. There is a very notable difference in your vocal from anything else I have heard you sing on this site. Maybe it's the power of the "band".

Magic boys....... pure magic.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

cuthbert

All the best words have already been spoken, so I'll say just this: with this meet up, you're like a super group - except you guys have talent and play great songs!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Blooby

Wonderful tune with stellar vocals.

Blooby

Kenneth

"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

64Guitars

Great song, Tharek. You guys sound really amazing together. And those vocals, Jim! I don't know if it's the BR-800, the magic of Geir's cabin, its acoustics, the excitement of being there together, something in the reindeer stew, or a combination of these things, but you sound better than ever! I love how the energy, dynamics, and emotion of your singing varies throughout the song. That's the way to do it, man.

I noticed a big improvement in the recording quality of your vocals too. I don't know if that's down to the BR-800, Geir's operation of it, or the acoustics. But, when you get home, you'll have to buy a BR-800 and get busy building your own cabin. If that doesn't do the trick, you'll have to convert your loft into a bedroom so Geir can come and live with you. ;)

Well done, everyone!

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Redler

Fantastic tune by the Met :) . This will be a new songcrafter's classic - it is already! Don't sleep too late, wanna hear more!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Great song, but I have to agree that the vocals are brilliant. Really, really powerful performance from Jim, great to hear the lungs in full cry before the akevitt got to them.....  How are you recording this? Live in stereo or multiple tracks into the BR 800? Inquiring nerds want to know....

Sounds like this weekend will be a blast.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR