Piratefest - I'm Your Captain (Closer to Home) - Grand Funk Railroad cover

Started by Vanncad, September 22, 2010, 04:43:21 PM

djanover

Hey Vann -

This is unreal.  I agree with everything that everyone else has said.  You are incredibly talented, and this is a masterpiece of work in all aspects.  Wow!

All my best, Dave
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Speed Demon

A most impressive production, in all aspects. I am quite familiar with Grand Funk's music and you've captured the pure essence of the original and given it a fresh touch of magic.

Well done!

Gene

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Ferryman

Brilliant Vann, absolutely brilliant. Love the drum programming (just starting out with that baby myself on the BR 800), the arrangement, the playing, the vocals, the guitars, the production.......well all of it! Fantastic work, really can't say more than that, this really is incredibly impressive.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

jings crivvens and help ma boab i was en route to norway when this was posted so glad it got bumped, freaking fantastic van der man at a loss for words
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Rolow

beautifully done vann!!!

you got the mood, the sound, the arrangement, instruments are all well played and vox is killer.  what a great cover.  you even found the perfect sound effects to drop in.

i probably haven't heard the gfr original in 25 years, but i don't need to now.  i know this ones got it all.

time for a download.   thanks for all the time and effort you put into this, i appreciate it and love it!!!

Ron
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Rata-tat-tat

How the heck did I not comment on this one... Hollly Crappp!!! VANN this is a great tribute. GFR was a great band... you certainly did this some serious justice.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Geir

WOW ... can't believe I never commented on this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As all your stuff Vann, I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!

Never heard the song before, but this is all I need !!!!

jings criven and all that shite !!! ... oh help ma boobs or whatever !!!

this is fanbloodytastic !!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

sweet Zeus man, what a thing of beauty here..........off the charts BUMP time.........the Pirate-fest, the best of times eh me hearties

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand