"Sister Sinister"

Started by Greeny, September 19, 2010, 02:35:24 PM

Greeny

TIM GREEN_Sister Sinister_160
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Nun more black, lol.  :D

This is telecaster, bass and vocals on the MBR, with some sound clips added in Audacity (including a bit from the 'Silencio' scene in David Lynch's 'Mulholland Drive'). There is something weird going on with the rhythm in this one. I'm playing on the offbeat or something. Anyway, it makes it a bit quirky and disjointed. Cheers guys  :)

lg

A bit 'O Different, but still Greeny all the way!
I love it. Piepod.
What inspired this song Tim? Maybe a horror movie?

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Bluesberry

I've watched that damn movie so many times...that scene scares the hell out of me for some reason.  You are doing Keef rhythm lines here, thats what is sounds like to me, you have to be pretty far gone to pull off that kind of groove, horizontal like like Mr. Richards hisself.  This sounds like the Rolling Stones, Beatles and Allman Brothers got together, had a hell of a party (invited some nuns over for a laugh) and cut a song, thats what I hear here.  Damn fine Tim.  One of your best.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: lg on September 19, 2010, 02:43:54 PMWhat inspired this song Tim? Maybe a horror movie?

It just started off as a play on words. Then I did some artwork for the imagery in my head. The bleeding eye idea comes from Alan Parker's 'Angel Heart' movie. This is the artwork I did (just for my own entertainment!).

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on September 19, 2010, 02:45:12 PMI've watched that damn movie so many times...that scene scares the hell out of me for some reason.  You are doing Keef rhythm lines here, thats what is sounds like to me, you have to be pretty far gone to pull off that kind of groove, horizontal like like Mr. Richards hisself.  This sounds like the Rolling Stones, Beatles and Allman Brothers got together, had a hell of a party (invited some nuns over for a laugh) and cut a song, thats what I hear here.  Damn fine Tim.  One of your best.

Thanks BB! I have to admit that I had 'Chest Fever' by The Band in mind for the kind of groove and vocal I was after. Damn, I love that song! It came out, as always, a bit different though.

Tangled Wires

Quite a bit different from usual this one, and the songs feel lives up to its title, and has a sinister sound created by the dirty tone of that guitar.

The intro is great and that bass line that leads you into the main body of the song is superb.

The various guitars blend perfectly together, and the slightly off-beat sound give the song an extra edge.

Top stuff once again Greeny.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenneth

Tim, the first thing I thought was "Jude Cole" when I heard the terrific vocals on this track. Really liking this, right to the end.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

lg

Great stuff Tim!
I have to admit to being a fan of your artwork as well....
You're a music machine....
Keep Rock'n Tim

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

mr2kewl

a bit quirky and disjointed.

a bunch wicked kewl

once again top shelf, Tim.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Nelson

Another Hum dinger, Greeny
The mix and production is just over the top, excellent.
Other then the clips are you using only mbr patches, to get your guitar tones?

Everything sound amazing.

Nelson

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600