Love-Terror DSS original

Started by dasilvasings, September 16, 2010, 06:37:17 PM

T.C. Elliott

There are some cool bits in here. I'm not sure this is a 'bad' song by definition.

I do think the bigger point is this: If you only wanna write hit songs, or great songs, or keepers, you'll be writing very few songs. And if you don't write songs, how do you expect to improve? Keep writing and even if you aren't happy with all the songs, you will get better. And you can always use bits of songs in other pieces. Keep the good, junk the shag.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Simon M

I like this, I have a cat that could be described as Love Terror as well, ha. 

Some interesting sounds on this, especially the Monotrone.  I had to look it up looks like a fun piece of kit.  Sounded like a theramin, no bad thing in my book.

A good song, and nice to hear the inspiration for it as well.

Simon.

launched

This is doggone good! Or, maybe catgone good!  ;D

I love these kinds of songs. They're difficult to duplicate, I find - Kind of like a painting.

So hat's off! You've created a fine original here.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Greeny

I'm not sure how or why this works, but it definitely does. The Korg adds a very infectious (and memorable) hook to the song's overall quirkiness. I can kind of imagine Serge Gainsbourg singing this (which is a compliment...). I like it a lot!

cuthbert

Quote from: Greeny on September 20, 2010, 07:50:51 AMI can kind of imagine Serge Gainsbourg singing this (which is a compliment...).

You know, I was thinking the same thing! Miguel shares a similar vocal register and phrasing to Serge (on this song, anyway).
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

lg

Miguel,

This is Awesome!
Love Terror may in fact be a cat, but,
This song of yours is an infectious rascal....LOL
I love it, I love it

LG

P.S. I can't wait to see the photos....
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

SE

This is so cool, love all those sound from the mandolin to those drums, your vox are very good too,hope to hear more soon.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Johnbee

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Hi, keep up the writing, I enjoyed this immensely and look forward to more..............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800