Is this thing on?

Started by ODH, September 16, 2010, 06:08:50 AM

ODH

Someone over on the Zoom forum mentioned this forum (and I recognise a few names already from there).  I'd never heard of this one before that, but it seems to fit the bill.

Me?  I've been writing and recording since the early 1980's, mostly guitar based rock and Indie, although electronic music and even jazz have crept in.  I used to write & record a lot back in the 90's, then I had a long break.  I recently bought a Zoom R16 and am getting back into it.  Today in fact I should be taking delivery of my new Yamaha MM6 synth.  My main instrument is my Tokai Breezysound (telecaster), which I've had since 1986.

odh
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

chapperz66

Hi Nick and welcome to the site.  I'll check out your Soundclick stuff later and look forward to hearing you post something here.

Paul

Bluesberry

Welcome from Atlantic Canada, and, oh boy am I ever looking forward to checking out your music.  Post up a song.

Your songs on soundclick are really good, seriously good stuff.  You are gonna love it around here.  Get a new one done and posted for us to listen to.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Hello from London, and welcome aboard. There are several Telecaster lovers on here already (me included), but anything and everything goes on songcrafters. It's all about good times and good music.

Gu Djin

Welcome OD Hammer.  Pleased to see you here - I'm sure you will enjoy.

You'll also be pleased I'm sure that this place is primarily about music, and although the technicalities are important, it seems the noise is the thing.  And there's always appreciation and room for a Teleman. 

And you're not limited to one song a twelvemonth.

Enjoy.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Oldrottenhead

listeningto your songplayer on soundclick right now am well impressed welcome aboard
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tangled Wires

Welcome to the site Nick from a fellow Telecaster lover.

Listening to your Soundclick now....very impressive!

This site will only have a positive impact on your writing and recording, its the best site on the net bar none!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

ODH

Thanks everyone for the welcome.  We songwriters do seem to be very nice people (not like some other forums I've been on).

It is my policy to review / comment mimimum twice for every upload I make (work browser permitting).

odh
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Oldrottenhead

hi nick,

you will soon become addicted to this site and your policy will go out the window lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover