putting a photo on my profile

Started by tom r, September 16, 2010, 04:45:43 AM

tom r

Hi i was wanting to put a new picture on my profile rather than the muppet pic. When i tried to upload a pic it never works. I tried reducing the size of the jpeg but it still wont upload. What am i doing wrong?

T
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

henwrench

You are obviously destined to remain a muppet.... ;D

Only kidding....

Dunno, I've had that problem before too. It's like the uploader just don't like certain pics. But then when I've tried 'em again on another day, it's worked... ??? ???

Sounds like the one and only 64Guitars can help you here, Tom.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

What does the error message say?

My only guess is that the file is too big and may be timing out when you try to upload. I'd recommend that you reduce the size of the picture to 80 pixels by 80 pixels. That's the maximum that can be displayed in an avatar anyway, so there's no point uploading anything bigger. Although, the software will automatically reduce larger images. Come to think of it, maybe the error is occurring when it tries to reduce the image.

If you continue to have trouble uploading your picture, you can try sending it to me via email and I'll upload it for you.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

tom r

Thanks I will have another go. Henwrench I suspect you are correct :-)

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound