It's going to rain

Started by Gu Djin, September 15, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Gu Djin

Because I'm going to be on holiday in the UK for a couple of weeks come this weekend.  I might still get a chance to listen to good noise until then - but I'll have little chance to post.  Just wanted to let you know that you'all are not forgotten.

Last time I went away I came back with fistful of ideas, lyrics and tunes to record.  I can't guarantee that will happen again, so you can breath a sigh of relief and be looking after yourselves.

See ya soon.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Greeny

You never know - there might be a little bit of sunshine! But almost certainly some rain. It's just how it is here. Have a great trip though! Where are you heading to?

Gu Djin

Yorkshire Moors and Coastline.  Been several years since we've been up there  -  Year before last we went to Cornwall but because of floods had to come home.

I was hoping to get to Brittany again, but we overlooked the dogs passport and it takes 6 months to clear his injections - and my wife won't leave him in kennels.
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

peterp

Have fun, and hope you have good weather!

Dog has a passport ? ? ?
(I have fish and a cat both hate to travel  :) )

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Have a good trip Leigh, hopefully you will come home with inspiration equally as magnificant and magical as I did from my vacation (Lobster man).  As I lay on a beautiful red sand PEI beach one hot sunny day I saw my vision of Lobster man, it was a glorious vision to behold.  It may have been the combination of eating lots of seafood, drinking lots of red ale and laying out in the sun too long on that fateful day, who knows.  Here's hoping your vacation turns out to be magical.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gu Djin

Looking at the forecast as it is now it's more likely to to be songs about the rain pattering on the roof - or maybe wet smelly dog, but I live in hope that it will include a few lyrics that describe the fabulous crimson sunsets and the rich azure sky over the emerald and rust of the hills.  I can live in hope.  

Tangled Wires

I got pretty lucky with the weather in Cornwall last week, so wish you the same for the next couple of weeks.

Holidays in the UK...you can't beat the uncertainty of them!

Have a great time.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gu Djin

And it rained and it rained and it rained.  According to the weatherman it was the wettest September for 17 years.  Honestly I thought it was longer than that - it felt like twenty years minimum.  Anyways besides that we had a good old soggy time tramping the moors and dales, though I did run out of dry clothes at the end of the first week.  And my boots are going mouldy!!!

As usual I came up with some ideas for "tunes" - but a little short in lyrics this time.

Now the "BIG task - trying to catch up with all that has gorne orn whilst I's bin awaee

Will try to get around to it all during the next couple of weeks as well as getting some recording done - oh yes and work and the garden and fix the car and.... and....  and.... AAaarrrggghhhh!!!!!

Nice to be back everyone.

Leigh

Geir

Welcome back Leigh, sounds like you had a good time despite the weather !!

We have a saying in Norway "Det finnes ikke dårlig vær, bare dårlige klær" roughly translated as : "There's no poor weather, only poor clothes".

I hear ya 'bout catching up !!! Have a hard time doing that myself these days!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........