free sound effects?

Started by tom r, September 14, 2010, 11:42:07 AM

Greeny

Quote from: tom r on September 16, 2010, 04:42:44 AMi am now signed up to Freesound and will soon be ampling it's delights :-). As a bit of a useless arse re techology is it fairly straightforward to get a sample from the site onto my Br600? (which incidentally i rather love).

T

Freesound generally has a mixture of mp3 and WAV formats. My advice would be NOT to import them to your Br600! I've tried that route on the MBR, and it's hard to position clips in the right place and synch them etc. It's much easier to use something like Audacity where you can drag, drop and generally see what you're doing. Believe me, it will save you a lot of headaches...!

Bluesberry

Or you can go the easy route, thats what I do, I just hook a cable from my computer headphones out to the line-in on my microBR and line the microBR up to the spot I want the sound and then hit record on the micro and play on the sound sample.  Just using the computer as another instrument as it were.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

tom r

Two good ideas. So i could do the same with the 600 ie from headphones to line in or mic input.

Thanks

T
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

64Guitars

Anyone wanting to add some atmosphere to their next recording should check out the sounds available here:

http://www.soundsurvey.org.uk/

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

henwrench

Quote from: 64Guitars on May 23, 2011, 06:35:28 PMAnyone wanting to add some atmosphere to their next recording should check out the sounds available here:

http://www.soundsurvey.org.uk/

Hey, hey 64!! That's one cool site, just been havin' a butcher's hook* at some of the stuff on there. Ace!!

henwrench

* butcher's hook - look
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

you can get great burps at ma hoose when ive been on the ran

that's if yer looking fur burps

booourp bedtime methinks
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

get tae yur bed ya blutered bampot   :D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder