what to do.....wit this groovy backer

Started by SdC, September 13, 2010, 01:15:48 PM

SdC

souly_unfinished_0708_02
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Sorry I haven't been posting much lately, but now I'm really stuck. What to do....with this backing track? Any idea's? I've been using it for solo guitar practice but maybe there's a song in there somewhere.
It's a 76bpm preset beat from the Yamaha YDD-60, with a rhythm guitar+gr33 (organ) mix, a sound scape GT-8 "deep swirl" guitar part, and a direct-injected bass guitar with no cab/amp simulation but just a bit of compression (and its original 25 year old strings).

recorder
Boss BR-600

danieldesete

I could listen to this all night. Very inspiring indeed. The structure makes it difficult to imagine turning into a song, but i'm downloading anyway, who knows. Thanks for sharing this great backer
daniel
hou hou ha ha

SdC

Have fun with it! :) Structure-wise it's very very simple... just the A-D pattern through-out, with around bar 60 it's A-B-A-B four times, then back to the A/D pattern.  I guess in a hip-hoppy sort of way it needs a good hook and 2 or 3 verses.

recorder
Boss BR-600

j.g.

So Beautiful
Time:
Volume:
This was a quick vocal track completed for this excellent backer.
Bit harder to do than I thought and maybe better just for guitars as you can alter tones and effects more than for your voice, to give a touch more variation.
Hope you enjoy, anyway.
Geoff

Tony W

Geoff, this is a fantastic addition to the song!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

j.g.

Thanks for that TonyW.
I was not really happy with the final mix down as it had gone down in quality through the process I have to use. (It was completed by me, by the way, not Sander)
This will be redone in the near future and reposted. I am sure you will love it more then, as it is such a great track to work to and Sander is a great producer with terrific knowledge.
I can't wait to see what this will end up like.
Geoff

Speed Demon

Very nice work, JG, I am going to tinker around with it a bit, see what feels good.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Redler

I just viewed collaborations by accident and found this ethearal tune. I found a fine mood on it and Geoff's vocals made this even better! Would it be better to move on original songs? This is a bit out of sight here...

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SdC

Hi Kari,
Not yet; This song is still evolving and open for collaboration.

recorder
Boss BR-600

j.g.

You're So Beautiful
Time:
Volume:

Here is a better remastered version (well I think so)

Still a few glitches..........but getting there.