The day I met Henwrench

Started by Tangled Wires, September 12, 2010, 01:35:31 PM

Tangled Wires

I was down in Cornwall last week and wanted to collect my copy of "Wrong Songs" personally, so arranged a meet up with the man himself.

Enjoyed a couple of hours of talking about Songcrafters, Football and anything else that cropped up, as well as enjoying a nice cold beer on a lovely sunny day with fantastic scenery.  The journey back to our accommodation flew by as we listened and enjoyed a great CD (buy it if you haven't already...its fabulous....a steal at £5!).

It was really great meeting a fellow Songcrafter and if I am in other parts of the country in future will try and arrange to meet up with others. Would recommend anybody visiting Cornwall to get in contact with Henwrench for a meet up, a top man and great company...we could have talked all day!

Have attached a couple of pictures and as you will see we also had the pleasure of Baby Henwrench's company as well.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

It looks like the kind of afternoon I would enjoy... and it looks like a fine red ale in Henwcrotch's hands.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

Looks like a great time! And beer is always good...  :)

The scenery in background looks a bit like my neck of the woods, although I'm on the other side of that big pond...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

magic, i have had the good fortune of meeting a fellow songcrafter and in the not too far off am off to norway with two fellow songcrafters to meet another fellow songcrafter.

great you guys hooked up baby henwrench must have got her looks from mummy gringo. lol.

i need to grow a beard for norway now,
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Def a dream of mine, to meet each and everyone of you songcrafters!!

Great pics Andrew and Henny!!   Looks like daughter Gringo Henwrench is real dancer!

Is that a flippin castle or mansion on an island in the background?

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Tangled Wires

Quote from: Satchwood on September 12, 2010, 03:23:58 PMDef a dream of mine, to meet each and everyone of you songcrafters!!

Great pics Andrew and Henny!!   Looks like daughter Gringo Henwrench is real dancer!

Is that a flippin castle or mansion on an island in the background?

Tommy, it is St Michaels Mount near Penzance in Cornwall which is a medieval castle located on its own island, although you can actually walk across to it via a causeway most of the time. We thought it was a pretty cool backdrop for a photo!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

What a wonderful day!!  It is good to see the pics, and remember all the stuff we talked about... as Andrew said, we could've talked for hours and hours... I think we just about mentioned every Songcrafter member by name, talked music and the importance of this site in our lives. Nothing but happy memories fill my gap-toothed gypsy grin head. And yes BB, that be a red ale in my hand, a Cornish beer that goes by the rather delightful name of 'Doombar'.
  It was a truly magnifecent thing to meet Andrew and his Mrs, Lisa. When I first saw him, I thought he was a human Praying Mantis, but he is OK!! He talks normally, but his choice of football team is a bit dodgy....

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Nice one! It's a lovely part of the world, and I hope to be posting something similar one of these fine days!

Ferryman

Beautiful part of the world, and I love the beards. Either it's a wannabee ZZ Top tribute band or it's Piratefest in the flesh. Altho Baby Henwrench has some way to go in the beard stakes, hopefully a road she will never travel. Great to take the opportunity to meet up and share a beer.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Thats it, they were decked out for piratefest.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand