Piratefest - The Legend of Lobster-Man

Started by Bluesberry, September 11, 2010, 05:54:51 PM

cuthbert

I loved all the different instruments you got in here - accordion and fiddle? And your vocals are really superb - great pirate song, Dave!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Tangled Wires

This has the usual BB class stamped all over it, the way you construct your songs never ceases to amaze me. Another top tune and brilliantly performed as usual.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

Brilliant, fantastical stuff BB. Sounds so good, the accordian and fiddle are stunning. AAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

The accordian sounds fantastic - a brilliant and authentic touch. Pan pipes too! The songwriting is top-notch and the performance is wonderful. As always, serious compositional and production skills at play. I love it when the song 'loses it' for the arrival of the Lobster Man, before getting back on an even keel (lol). A bit of an epic, this one. And I can hear all the hard work that must have gone into it...

Donna D

What a wonderful, well-thought-out production.  ;D  Tremendous instrumentation, and a most enjoyable tale in the lyric. I especially like the chorus.  :)

Donna
Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

Satchwood

Wow, this is cooL lobster-"tale"-song, BB!!   i too luv those doubled-up vox in the chorus, got that catchy pirate singalong vibe, cool parts and GR-20 synth sounds!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Gritter

Epic pirate song! wonderful lyrics and outstanding instrumentation. You sure now how to tell a tale of the sea Dave. All around brilliance!

cuthbert

BB, you haven't forgotten about Lobster-Man's sidekick, have you?

Argh, might there be a sequel in future?  :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Gnasty

Wow BB! This is very cool. First off, i like that scroll with the lyrics!!

Great use of instruments and that middle part with tempo change was F'n awesome.

I would have to say your best vox performance too!!Great song!! Just an awesome song ALL AROUND!!

Not many song posts to the Pirate fest but i love each and all of them!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

pjd1

Great job BB well thought out production your,e best yet for me , its a great listen with loads going on and some magical playing .
Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8