Protocol: Which section is best to request a collab?

Started by Donna D, September 11, 2010, 05:51:52 PM

Donna D

I'd like to find collaborators who might be willing to musicify a lyric of mine.
Not sure though whether to post it in the Lyrics section or in the Collaboration section.
(The latter appears geared mainly towards music tracks.)

Please advise.  :)

Donna

Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

Tony W

A few people have picked up a song from the lyric section and made a song. It's difficult though. Most of the activity on the site happens on 3 boards. General Discussion, Originals, and Covers. Anything below that is hit and mostly miss.

I'd recommend that you find an artist who would fit your lyrical content, and send them a PM. Some guys can crank out some fine tunes in an hour, I'm more of an every 3 month kind of guy. I have to learn how to play what I want to do next all the time.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Donna D

Thanks, Tony. That's a good suggestion.   :)

I'll spend some more time browsing and listening, and see whom I can track down in the way of southern-rockers/country-rockers. (At least I think that's what I'll want for this particular lyric. Heck, might even be Americana.)

Donna

64Guitars

I think either board is fine in this case. You can also PM a few members as Tony suggested. Rather than repeat your lyrics in the PM, you could just provide a link to your post which contains the lyrics.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

henwrench

It is a daunting journey, venturing in to the world of Collab'ing. But don't be shy!! just ask....This whole place is full of amazingly approachable, talented people who will never fail to inspire and help you...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Donna D

Another good tip. Thanks, 64G.  :)

You're right about the amazingly talented people here, henwrench.  ;) I've been enjoying browsing the forums and listening to a number of the songs. Actually, I've done a few collaborations already, but I feel it's good to explore new areas and - if possible - work with new people. Every site has its own idiosynchrasies and character. I'm very impressed with Songcrafters; I'd never heard of it until T.C. mentioned it to me a few days ago.

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and posted a request to the Lyrics board.
(It wasn't the original lyric I'd intended, though. :D This one's a blues number.)
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=8474.0

Donna