Rock Opera / Concept Album: The Picasso Album (working title)

Started by FuzzFace, September 10, 2010, 12:10:56 PM

launched

I'm not sure if what is happening is the fun way to do it, but I'll take "The Old Guitarist". It's mine! Mine all mine!! But if we are going to do projects on our own, I'm going to go all the way with it and create it from scratch.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Kenneth

I might be interested in "Joie de Vivre"  or maybe a small part in a collaboration of some sort.

To be honest, i'm not really sure what is expected from the music other than the small description mentioned.
Is it rock, pop , or whatever a person descides? Is it instrumental, or vox to be added?
I Dont have the windows program mentioned either.

I might not be the right fit here, if not, disregard.
 Sorry if i'm clueless rushed through these threads with distractions behind me from the kids here.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Ferryman

Quote from: Ken on September 22, 2010, 09:12:30 PMI might be interested in "Joie de Vivre"  or maybe a small part in a collaboration of some sort.

To be honest, i'm not really sure what is expected from the music other than the small description mentioned.
Is it rock, pop , or whatever a person descides? Is it instrumental, or vox to be added?
I Dont have the windows program mentioned either.

I might not be the right fit here, if not, disregard.
 Sorry if i'm clueless rushed through these threads with distractions behind me from the kids here.

Ken, we are putting together a collection of tracks all inspired by Picasso paintings. The "glue" behind the concept will be Fuzz Face, who is providing the lyrics for each track. So there must be vocals, but the style is whatever you think suits the painting and the lyrics that you choose to do. You can do one on your own, or work with others. I would suggest a combination of you and ORH (Jim) for vocals would be a killer.

The only caveat is that I will do the final mixing and production on all the songs so that we get a consistent "feel" and volume level, so when you do your track, please keep .wav files of every indiviudal track so that I can take the individual tracks and mix them on the BR 800 with consistent mastering.

Make sense? I'll put you down for Joie de Vivre and pencil in ORH for vox. You can always change your mind....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Looking good - so now we have:

Cup of Coffee - Gritter 

The Lovers - Geir

Barcelona Beach - Bluesberry

Desmoiselles d'Avignon

Salomé - Cuthbert

Boy Leading A Horse - Henwrench

Blind Minotaur (Led By A Girl)

Guernica - Facemask 93 and AK

The Old Guitarist - Launched 

Joie de Vivre - Ken, possibly with ORH on vocals 

The Dove of Peace     (poss Nigel if no one else offers)

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

Are we to keep our efforts under wraps 'til the Ferryman has buggered about with 'em and presents a final full 'album', or can we post the songs as and when they are completed?
  And on the subject of 'lyric manipulation', I trust Fuzz Face will have to accept a little poetic license.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Quote from: henwrench on September 24, 2010, 03:30:46 AMAre we to keep our efforts under wraps 'til the Ferryman has buggered about with 'em and presents a final full 'album', or can we post the songs as and when they are completed?
  And on the subject of 'lyric manipulation', I trust Fuzz Face will have to accept a little poetic license.

henwrench
I like that idea, when a person gets a song done to post it up in Original songs individually, then after Nigel (Ferryman) gathers the lot and re-mixes/re-masters to post them again in some kind of album format, similar to a festival juke-box.  Nigel may sit on the songs a long time (Not saying you are slow Nigel, just that it may take many months to gather all the songs together from everybody).   I am real impatient when I finish a song, I usually cant sit on it, I want the whole world to hear it.  I agree with Hen here.

On the subject of the lyrics, they are brilliant Fuzz, but I may end up changing the odd word as I get down to singing it, depending on how it sounds to my ears.  I believe that is reasonable, I bet even Elton John does that.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

henwrench

Quote from: Bluesberry on September 24, 2010, 04:50:51 AMI bet even Elton John does that.

He'll scratch Bernie's eyes out if he can't.... ;D

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Quote from: henwrench on September 24, 2010, 03:30:46 AMAnd on the subject of 'lyric manipulation', I trust Fuzz Face will have to accept a little poetic license.

I hope this is the case as well. Fuzzman's vision is proving to be an excellent source of inspiration, however!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

launched

Quote from: Bluesberry on September 24, 2010, 04:50:51 AMI like that idea, when a person gets a song done to post it up in Original songs individually, then after Nigel (Ferryman) gathers the lot and re-mixes/re-masters to post them again in some kind of album format, similar to a festival juke-box.  Nigel may sit on the songs a long time (Not saying you are slow Nigel, just that it may take many months to gather all the songs together from everybody).   I am real impatient when I finish a song, I usually cant sit on it, I want the whole world to hear it.  I agree with Hen here.

I like this scenario as well. Plus it will take a while for Nigel to download all the wavs - And the initial post will provide some critical information that might help the final mix.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover