Rock Opera / Concept Album: The Picasso Album (working title)

Started by FuzzFace, September 10, 2010, 12:10:56 PM

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman on September 22, 2010, 02:41:18 AMExpressed interest on original thread: Henwrench, Greeny, Bluesberry, TC Elliot IIRC (may be others.....)

Just to clarify, I'm the miserable party-pooper at the back who DOESN'T want to be involved, lol. I've got too many other creative things that I'm working on, and I'm one of those control freaks who get freaked out when they're not doing all the writing and steering themselves.

Ferryman

Quote from: Greeny on September 22, 2010, 03:50:17 AMJust to clarify, I'm the miserable party-pooper at the back who DOESN'T want to be involved, lol. I've got too many other creative things that I'm working on, and I'm one of those control freaks who get freaked out when they're not doing all the writing and steering themselves.

Duly noted Tim. Consider this party pooped :-)

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

If it's OK, I'd like to have a crack at 'Boy Leading A Horse'. I have absolutely no idea what I'm gonna do yet, but from the off, that was the title and lyrics that made old henwrench wanna lay an egg.
     If any of those members involved in the direction of this project want to PM me with any kind of parameters, please do!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Cool Henwrench, the list is now as follows:

Cup of Coffee 

The Lovers - Geir

Barcelona Beach 

Desmoiselles d'Avignon

Salomé - Cuthbert

Boy Leading A Horse - Henwrench

Blind Minotaur (Led By A Girl)

Guernica 

The Old Guitarist 

Joie de Vivre   

The Dove of Peace   

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

BTW, if no one else fancies the Dove of Peace I would be interested in doing something on that if I can encourage Fuzz Face to create a political edge to his lyrics.....

But only if no one else wants to do something for it.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

I'm in for Salomé. And I will resist the urge to tell a dirty joke...  :D

I've got a busy schedule myself (including another BeatlesFest entry), so it may take a bit of time. May I consider the lyrics a starting off point and adapt them if necessary? If I made any changes, I'd stick with the theme of course. Or if it's preferred to stick with the lyrics, is a little tinkering okay?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Bluesberry

I'll sign up for "Barcelona Beach", I can hear some real cool possibilities while reading the lyrics.  It may end up all prog-rock by the time I am finished with it.  As per my usual working style, I will do all of it myself, my control freak tendencies make it easier on my head to take something like this and do the whole thing (ie no colaboration).  I like the lyrics as they are written, but, like Cuth, I would like permission to alter lyrics slightly if I find a line hard to sing or desn't quite fit with the music. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Facemask93

Me and AK will jump in for Guernica if no-one else has chosen it

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Bluesberry

Fuzz, the more I read your lyrics, the more impressed I become.  I have been studying "Barcelona Beach" here all morning, thinking about music for it, and I just have to say, what a great set of lyrics, really, really good writing.  I am getting pretty excited from your lyrics, thinking about what music to put...inspired stuff Fuzz.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Excellent! So now we have:

Cup of Coffee 

The Lovers - Geir

Barcelona Beach - Bluesberry

Desmoiselles d'Avignon

Salomé - Cuthbert

Boy Leading A Horse - Henwrench

Blind Minotaur (Led By A Girl)

Guernica - Facemask 93 and AK

The Old Guitarist 

Joie de Vivre   

The Dove of Peace     (poss Nigel if no one else offers)

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR