Rock Opera / Concept Album: The Picasso Album (working title)

Started by FuzzFace, September 10, 2010, 12:10:56 PM

T.C. Elliott

Was just wondering where we were with this. I've done another mix for 'Self Portrait' with a subtle change in vox.

I was gone almost all of February, so hoping I didn't miss anything.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

FuzzFace

Word on the street is that the last 2 songs are presently in the works.

Actually, I have a new mix of my song that I need to post, as well.

And I was working on the album cover, with some "liner notes" or whatever the digital equivalent is.  I hope to get that done before the other songs are done.

Gnasty

Is this actually finished now? My machine is suffering! :D I was reminded by a spider.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

T.C. Elliott

recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

T.C. Elliott

I guess the question is..... will there be 2 more tracks to fill out the opera?
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

64Guitars

The two tracks in question are:

• Young Girl Reading - I believe this was to be done by ACA and Redler.
  • Salomé - I believe this was to be done by cuthbert.

I don't know the current status. Were these songs abandoned or are they still expected at some point? I think FuzzFace should know, or he can find out.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 27, 2012, 03:54:55 PMThe two tracks in question are:

• Young Girl Reading - I believe this was to be done by ACA and Redler.
  • Salomé - I believe this was to be done by cuthbert.

I don't know the current status. Were these songs abandoned or are they still expected at some point? I think FuzzFace should know, or he can find out.

ACA did some attemts to the vocals on "Young girl reading" but was never satified with them herself. Then she moved to London, and tho she's got an mbr with her she have still to complete it. I think Redler asked Kaisa to step in, but I'm not sure of the status.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

FuzzFace

These 2 tracks never materialized, for one reason or another (see Geir's explanation above for Young Girl Reading; I worked with cuthbert revising the lyrics a bit for Salomé, then we decided to go with the original lyrics, then other things came up...)

To me, these 2 are like deleted scenes.  It would be a bonus to include them however the story is complete as far as I am concerned without them.

Now that I am looking at it, Salomé is superfluous in the sense that it repeats ideas already stated in other songs.  Young Girl Reading does offer an important thematic contribution -- as well as the inclusion of a female vocal -- however the lyrics could stand to be polished.

In either case, if the original participants would like to follow through, or if someone else would like to take up one of them, that would be cool... but if that were the case, I would want to take another pass at the lyrics before setting them in stone.