Rock Opera / Concept Album: The Picasso Album (working title)

Started by FuzzFace, September 10, 2010, 12:10:56 PM

Greeny

It feels a little like time travel, but Lobster Man has been lurking in one of my paintings since the early 90's  :D

Apologies for the quality of the pic - paintings are hard to capture in photos.

Bluesberry

Dear lord Tim that painting is amazing.  And Lobster man looks perfect here, its how I picture him in my mind from now on.  You have given lobster man form.  He is real.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

I love that painting, Tim - And you fully realized Lobster Man before our time! Get out the tinfoil hatted cat!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

cuthbert

I agree, that is one interesting painting - I see a bit of Hieronymous Bosch, a pinch of Picasso, and just a dash of Dali in it.

Tim, you are one talented fellow!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ferryman

Quote from: cuthbert on September 18, 2010, 03:28:01 PMI agree, that is one interesting painting - I see a bit of Hieronymous Bosch, a pinch of Picasso, and just a dash of Dali in it.

Tim, you are one talented fellow!

Goodness Cuth, that is EXACTLY what I thought!! I saw all of those artists influencing that painting, and I also saw a hefty dose of Tim's talent and warped mind.

Now, back on topic. Is anyone going to start something on one of the tracks? I might be tempted to do something myself, even though I only offered up producing help, because FF's lyrics are so inspiring. So come on people, let's get some more volunteers.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

I threw my hat in already as well. Others did too. There are already enough people available to start making songs - Nobody is being told what to do.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman

I'll read the thread and compile a list of who said they would do what so we can keep track of that.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Ok ... I'll stick my head out .....

I've downloaded all the lyrics and pictures .... I'll have a go at "The Lovers" ... might take a couple of weeks tho ... have some events coming up :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

OK, in the interests of being "the producer", here's what I found so far. Several people expressed a specific interest on this thread either in general participation or a specific song. I've noted those below. I know several other folks expressed an interest in the original thread but I'm not reading through all of that, so I put some names I remember down, I probably missed several. Cuth said he would do Salome or The Lovers and would mull it over, Geir said he would do The Lovers, so I counted that as mulling over on Cuth's behalf and I allocated Geir and Cuth toi specific songs below. Tommy said he would like to do a single song, so Tommy, make your choice soon!

So all of those that expressed a general interest need to say if they fancy a specific song or would like to get together with others to work on something, or just wait and see what turns up! Let's try to keep this list updated.

Expressed general interest on this thread: Gu Djin (Leigh), Facemask93 (Rob), Gritter (Sandy), Launched (Mark), LCB
Expressed interest on original thread: Henwrench, Bluesberry, TC Elliot IIRC (may be others.....)
Would like to do a song: Satchwood (Tommy)

Song allocations so far:

Cup of Coffee  

The Lovers - Geir

Barcelona Beach  

Desmoiselles d'Avignon

Salomé - Cuthbert

Boy Leading A Horse

Blind Minotaur (Led By A Girl)

Guernica  

The Old Guitarist  

Joie de Vivre    

The Dove of Peace    

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR