Rock Opera / Concept Album: The Picasso Album (working title)

Started by FuzzFace, September 10, 2010, 12:10:56 PM

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Goodness, this is all moving ahead most impressively. Two new songs, and ACA doing one of them? That will be a real joy.

I'm getting slightly worried that my stuff will be somewhat out of place with all these acoustic gems that are being posted. Mine will feature no finger picked guitars I am afraid, but that's why I chose the Minotaur one - I guarantee that a large object bludnering around is what you will get from me....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

FuzzFace

Quote from: Ferryman on October 13, 2010, 01:32:10 PMMine will feature no finger picked guitars I am afraid, but that's why I chose the Minotaur one - I guarantee that a large object bludnering around is what you will get from me....

Sounds exactly like what we need to inject at this point.

FuzzFace

Quote from: Ferryman on October 13, 2010, 01:32:10 PMTwo new songs, and ACA doing one of them? That will be a real joy.

In fact it's a collab of Redler and ACA.

Looking forward to hearing this!

FuzzFace

For those who are interested, I added dramatizations and commentary for these songs along with the lyrics.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=8788.0

Input is welcome!

FuzzFace

Here is one more song.
Again, I would prefer to have a new participant on this epic album.

Any takers?

Harlequin Sitting

If all the world's a stage
then I must turn down the part
smothering under smoky cinders
lives a hopeful spark

I cannot play while a war is waged
On illusions I've relied
While I dazzle and I mystify
my thoughts compound like lies

I will not live to jump through hoops
recite lines and sing refrains
a soft voice speaks within my heart
and echos through my veins

I turn my back on this cabaret
The show must not go on
I'll pay the price that I must pay
The clown you've known is gone.

Harlequin Sitting on a Red Couch (1905)

Gu Djin

Maybe spoken , or whispered to music.  dark carnival appeals.

i'll see tomorrow as I have a little time

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

FuzzFace

It's all yours!

Take a look at the script to see how it falls into context if you are interested.
It's the second song in...

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=8788.0

Gu Djin

Have looked and listened.  Now I'll have to up my game.  I'll still go with my initial thoughts and keeping it as a reflective moment in time.  Working towards a goal always makes me look at what I'm doing more objectively.  On going.

Any thoughts on the length?

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X