An instrumental shuffle

Started by Tony W, September 10, 2010, 08:19:23 AM

Tony W

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

First attempt at playing rhythm and lead in a single take. It was a lot to wrap my mind around, but a necessary step to improved playing. It's rough, lacks charisma, but a pretty big stepping stone regardless. One day it will all come together.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Super job, this shows your timing has come so very long a-way.  Really sounds good, it is coming together in a big way.  This kind of thing makes you stay in the groove, keep the beat, think fast and them keep that groove.  You got the groove here.  I really like this, the longer it goes the more I am getting sucked into this great groove.  Deadly jam here Tony.  It has a very authentic old blues feel, raw and ragged and right in the zone, perfectly grooving.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kenneth

Yea, that's real nice, instantly makes you want to grab a guitar and jam along. Sounds big, and is happening!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Redler

Fabulous jamming track, Tony! Sounded great!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

danieldesete

Quote from: Ken on September 10, 2010, 10:51:31 AMinstantly makes you want to grab a guitar and jam along.
exactly what i'm doing

big thank you
daniel
hou hou ha ha

guitarron

GO Baby GO!!!!

nice-but don't sell yourself short-its hard to play for three or four minute without any other lead/voice and still keep it interesting. not everyone can do that.

This very solid Tony-keep'em coming buckeye

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

I'm a bit overwhelmed. I'm not accustomed to getting comments without preceding them with PM's.

Thanks fellas, I really appreciate the feedback.

Ron, I just had a collab flash before my eyes. You and me, Post date 11/27/2010.

Titled "The Rivalry"

Go Blue!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Quote from: guitarron on September 10, 2010, 03:45:49 PMnice-but don't sell yourself short-its hard to play for three or four minute without any other lead/voice and still keep it interesting. not everyone can do that.

My thoughts as well. It's not easy to front up several minutes of lead and keep a listener's attention span, so well done here, bro.

Mark

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

AndyR

Quote from: launched on September 13, 2010, 11:36:31 AM
Quote from: guitarron on September 10, 2010, 03:45:49 PMnice-but don't sell yourself short-its hard to play for three or four minute without any other lead/voice and still keep it interesting. not everyone can do that.

My thoughts as well. It's not easy to front up several minutes of lead and keep a listener's attention span, so well done here, bro.

Mark

+1

I was thinking that (and on Stratness which I was listening to just now). I jam along to backers I find on here, I have loads of fun, but most of the time after a couple of verses I feel like I've got nothing else to say...

On both this one and Stratness you keep the interest going. Not many can do that.

(I have to say the groove on this backer is pretty darn infectious - I suspect it was easier doing it on this one than on Stratness :))
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Tony W

Thanks everyone. I'm really starting to feel good about where I am musically. I still have miles to go, but this definitely re-enforces the feel good factor.

Andy, You're right This was so much easier than stratness. This was the first shuffle I had ever tried to play. I'm excited about whatever comes next.

If anyone ever wants one of the backing tracks I use, say the word, I've got a fairly extensive catalog.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR