Total Disaster - no recording , i'm gutted

Started by Facemask93, September 09, 2010, 10:30:24 AM

64Guitars

Quote from: facemask93 on September 09, 2010, 12:22:44 PMHi 64 , i had just formatted a brand new 8 Gig card that Roland had sent me , and i definately pressed record and play because i kept glancing down at the beginning of the recording to see , but when i got home and found no recording , i pressed the track button , and that was when i saw that there was no solid blocks under tracks 1 & 2

Could you have been in Song Sketch mode when you were recording? Those tracks won't appear in the V-Tracks screen. Page 51 of the BR-800 manual has instructions for playing songs recorded in Song Sketch mode.

I'm sure the problem isn't that you forgot to create a new song. The BR won't function at all unless there is a valid song selected.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Ferryman

Aaagh, those bloomin BR 800s, you just can't trust them. Why did I go and buy one......

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

drumbum

I would like to say that 2 things.

1. You had this site to go to and vent with sympathetic and understanding people.

2. I have done this and I'm sure other(on this site) have also. Funny when your down in a room full of downs, you feel better..!!??...so well ...anyway i'll have a drink for ya....
If you swim against the tide long enough, it turns and becomes momentum.........

pjd1

Rob if the green for play and the red for record was lit it must have recorded somewhere on you br 800 !! sorry if i have missed something out on this thread , have a look around using the back up facility to the computer  and see if there are any files with a large amount of data in which could be youre live recording ?? 

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Gu Djin

Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Greeny

Don't give up, Rob. Hook the bloody thing up to a pc and do some exploring. If that fails, put it down to experience. These gremlins are sent to plague us, but sometimes teach us things in the process...

Geir

I know how you must feel Rob, I had a similar experience this summer when I thought I'd recorded my live performance at a birthday party. 

I'm sure you've tried everything, but if you had a newly formatted 8GB card, have you checked the size of it from the computer? How much "used space" the computer says it has.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Facemask93

Thanks for the support guys , and I will check out all your suggestions when I get home tonight

Cheers

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper