Mr. Tell

Started by launched, September 08, 2010, 11:50:45 PM

launched

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

A forgotten tune that Tony W reminded me of that I did months ago. The formula:

1. Drank lots of cheap beer, possibly before noon, but definitely prior to 5pm.
2. Grabbed $100 P.O.S. Ibanez Artwood.
3. Turned on my MBR and simultaneously pressed the record and play button. (Exactly how the manual says to do it.)
4. Shared resultant recording with god knows who on Skype.
5. Passed out.
6. Woke up in a dry funk, falsely promising myself that I would never drink again, forgetting what I had done the day (Or night, can't remember) before.

The song isn't that good but I liked the story behind it. I even recycled some of the lyrics in other songs so go figure...

Anyway, enjoy if you can!

This is a broken song post I just noticed. I lost the song but there was a cool solo overlay by Larry (lg) that was worth noting. My stuff was not :)

Mark

Time:
0:00
Volume:

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Gu Djin

I liked the story behind the song too.  And simple recording equipment is boon when your in t' mood but can't be ass'd with the fancy stuff.  I thought I'd keep using my mrs8 as a scratchpad for ideas - but it is still the best way to lay down the good stuff.

Maybe you could work this song up to another level.  I feel it's has the worth of some extra thought and time.
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Oldrottenhead

hey mark a recording technique ive not used for a while lol. i need to get some beers in me. magic
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

You sure can make a simple recording sound great.

Great song, you must have almost an entire album ready of acoustic stuff now !?

-> piPod
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

I enjoyed this - the performance is a bit ragged but has a great immediate quality. For a drunk man, you sound very coherent.

Cjheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

resurrected from the depths of unknown. Mark not only sings well when he's drunk, but he's an excellent drunken typist (Jim, you need to take a lesson).

So I was digging through my backing track folder, and I found this gem mis-categorized. One line jumped out at me, and struck home

I'm so stupid. I know all I'm ever gonna know.

Man, I feel like that all the time about everything. How often do you feel like you've hit max capacity, and nothing else will fit. The more you know, the more you realize that you don't know. Huge line.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

Mark...this is a great tune...I love it. Whatta performance - raw...super lyrics and vocals!

You shouldn't be so hard on that guitar (the name calling)...she sounds sweet and it's not her fault she's cheap...she was born into it...make her feel like a million bucks and she'll love you forever!

OsCKilO

This is Music for musicians bro.......

Totally bad-ass as well!

I dont wanna hear auto tuned crap...

I wanna hear some real music Like this!

I'll say it again...  Music for musicians!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

Raw ragged beauty.  I really like this Mark. Lo-Fi gem man, thats what i say.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

Acoustic guitar and voice, what's not to like? Sounds great and strummy to me Mark, although I couldn't make out your words very well.

Quote from: OsCKilO on September 09, 2010, 12:00:58 PMI dont wanna hear auto tuned crap...

I wanna hear some real music Like this!

Amen to that!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase