Whew - New Songs

Started by Gu Djin, September 07, 2010, 05:25:00 AM

Gu Djin

Does anyone else have trouble keeping up with the number of songs that fly through here. 

Is it just me? 

I like to listen through a song a few times before I decide to post, or not!  More if I really like them a lot - or feel I can make some other contribution.

But lately it seems that if I stray away from the comfort of my own PC for a couple of days, on my return I open the site and the front page has totally changed and I have no idea where to start listening? 

How do you all find the time listen to everything that's posted and write and record and have a life.  I must be getting old - Oh, that's right I am old!

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Gu Djin

I should add that I don't want to have to limit who,or what I listen to - but the number of songs are making me feel as though I'm treating them as a disposable commodity - heard once and then gone forever and I hate the thought of that!

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

launched

I feel your pain - And it is getting more and more busy all the time with the Festivals and the increased activity in the other technical areas of the site.

The Gen Dis section is quite the time consumer as well. I try to stay away, but can't help myself sometimes. I could be listening to a song right now!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Kenneth

Considering the work that everyone puts into these songs, I would like to listen to all of them. I always miss some though too ,and I was wishing there was a place or section for songs made specifically in the last week, so I wouldn't miss any.
This really is an amazing site, i'm so glad I found it. I dont listen to the radio anymore, thankfully!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Bluesberry

I guess what I do, what a lot of us do is have listening sessions.  I will sit down on a Sunday morning or a Friday if I am off and give an hour or so to listen to every song I haven't yet.  If it really strikes my fancy I will download into my I-pod and that song will get further repeat listens on my way to work, etc.  But it is a challenge to really get into a song enough to give a good comment after only one listen sometimes.  I get inspiration from all the good music posted so i make an effort to not miss anything.  But usually if the song is worthy of repeat listens it gets downloaded to listen "off-computer" in my I-pod.  This place has become quite the music source, free music at such a high quality it fills up my daily listening for sure.  I say bring them on, keep the songs coming, keep the originals coming, keep the Fest songs coming.  I can always get a bigger I-pod for Christmas.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gu Djin

Not complaining about the standard, or amount of new songs, just my inability give it the time I need to give it proper listening.  The ipod's a good idea and might be the only way to go, then and I can listen when I walk the dog,etc..

If I plug my ears in when the wife's around she say's I'm being ignorant etc.etc.  so it's not the perfect answer, but maybe I could take an interest in gardening again - it's lonely (and overgrown) out there.

Leigh

64Guitars

Quote from: Ken on September 07, 2010, 07:07:06 AMI was wishing there was a place or section for songs made specifically in the last week, so I wouldn't miss any.

In the "Post Your Work" boards (Original Songs, Cover Songs, Songcrafter Tributes, Collaborations, and Backing Track Jams), each topic should be a song post. By default, the topics are sorted by date and time, with the most recent posts at the top. So just scan back through the message list 7 days to see all of the songs posted in the last week. Usually, this is no more than two pages.

Topics which contain unread posts will have a icon in the topic's Subject column. That doesn't necessarily mean that you haven't yet listened to the song posted in that topic (it could be a song you've listened to which has new replies). But it limits the number of topics you need to check since you can eliminate any topics that do not have the icon, as you've already read all of the posts in those topics and, presumably, listened to the song. So just scan the topics for the last week and check out any which you haven't yet listened to.

Another way to keep on top of the song posts is to always click the "All Unread Topics" link at the top of the page (between the Songcrafters logo and the Featured Song). This also defaults to listing topics by date and time with the most recent at the top. The name of the board is shown in the Subject column. As I said above, any topics in the "Post Your Work" boards (Original Songs, Cover Songs, etc.) should be song posts. So just scan through the unread messages for posts in the "Post Your Work" boards and check out the ones that you haven't yet listened to. That way, you'll never miss a song post.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Kenneth

"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

64Guitars

I've made a modification to the message lists for unread replies (the 3 links at the top of the page between the Songcrafters logo and the Featured Song). Now, all topics from the "Post Your Work" boards which contain unread posts will be highlighted in light green. Hopefully, this will make it easier to keep on top of the song posts.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website