Hope & Despair

Started by Kenneth, September 06, 2010, 12:47:37 PM

Kenneth

Hope & Despair
Time:
0:00
Volume:
The topic of the Opera in "Discussions" gave me an idea for a repetative but atmospheric buildup- type song.
Have a busy week ahead with the kids starting school, but wanted to get one more in, hope it is worth a listen.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Gnasty

This is a nice rock vibe you have here Ken. It's kinda U2ish a little bit. You sure are good at making backers.  ;D

Looks like ORH is on vacation for a week. Maybe another singer will write lyrics and collab this one with you. Or maybe they can use it for the rock opera. I know what it takes to record your music. Alot of time but good and fun time.

Nice Work!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Bluesberry

Busy week starting tomorrow with school for the Berry household too.  Not much time for music other than 5 minute random jams for me too.  You have crafted an epic sounding song here, you know ORH would eat this up and give you a hell of a vocal, this one is right up his alley.  If you put some violins and cellos and such on this it would sound like an early ELO song to my ears.  And we just heard that the ELO guy responsible for all that stuff just died in a freak accident involving a hay bale.  I get a strong ELO vibe from this.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Vanncad

Definitely worth a listen.

I really like the way this one builds up Ken.
The layers fit really well. I get that U2 vibe too. That "airy" guitar sounds really nice.

Great composition!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Nelson

Nicely done Ken

Definitely worth the listen... as always.

Excellent arrangement and production

Nelson
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Oldrottenhead

i might be away but am downloading it anyway lol. not heard it yet so cant comment
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

James is on the phone to me right at this minute. He says that he has sung a vox for this but isn't likely to be able to post until tomorrow, his waistline can only cope with one filthy mac's a day and there's no other source of broadband goodness in that desolate part of the UK.

And he is caught in a thunder storm.

So I guess that gives a chance for someone else to sing it....
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Gu Djin

Yep the intro too, or the baseline for an epic song - whose going to do the nasty with this - we'll wait and see!

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Kenneth

Because of the repetative nature of this one, I didn't think anyone would attempt it. I personally dont know where a person could go with this.

But if anyone can do it, it would be James!
Can't wait to hear!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Oldrottenhead

hope and despair by ken and orh
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Quote from: Ken on September 07, 2010, 07:42:59 AMBecause of the repetative nature of this one, I didn't think anyone would attempt it. I personally dont know where a person could go with this.

Can't wait to hear!
Quote from: Ken on September 07, 2010, 07:42:59 AMBecause of the repetative nature of this one, I didn't think anyone would attempt it. I personally dont know where a person could go with this.

Can't wait to hear!
theme for opera we have been invaded  anfd got to get to a safe haven
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann