Isn't it peaceful?

Started by Flash Harry, September 06, 2010, 07:56:12 AM

Flash Harry

ORH is away in Southport, for those of you who do not know this little jewel on the west coast of England, count yourselves lucky.

It's just North of Liverpool and that's about it. Former grandeur is slowly decaying and becoming part of the Irish Sea with the passing of the years and the passing of each winter storm that lashes the facade.

It's not even Blackpool with it's coarse ready humour and obvious ironies.

However, it is home to ORH this week, and with no wifi, and a purchased O2 GPRS broadband dongle, hastily arranged by mass subscription from James' equally bereft colleagues, which on attempts to fire into life revealed a lack of O2 coverage in Southport, James has been remarkably quiet.

I think that we should take time to appreciate the silence.....

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Kenneth

I wish I could visit there, I was born over there. All my family is from over there.
One day i'm going to pack up & fly for a visit.

I've been listening to "Flying Solo" and loving it, as the songs are new to me, just joining last month and all.

"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Bluesberry

Hey, thats right, no flood of ORH songs to try to catch up on*.  I can get caught up on everybody else's songs.

* just messing with you Jim, you don't post that much on here, not usually more than 4 or 5 songs a week...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Quote from: Ken on September 06, 2010, 08:29:28 AMI've been listening to "Flying Solo" and loving it

For anyone else who wants a copy of oldrottenhead's new album, "Flying Solo", the entire album and CD covers can now be downloaded as two zip files from oldrottenhead's website. Just click on "Download" from the menu at the top of the "Flying Solo" page. This will take you to a SkyDrive page. The songs and covers can also be downloaded individually, if you prefer, but the two zip files should be a lot more convenient. The filenames are "Songs 1-8 - Oldrottenhead - Flying Solo.zip" and "Songs 9-16 and covers - Oldrottenhead - Flying Solo.zip".

Here's the link to oldrottenhead's new home page: https://songcrafters.org/oldrottenhead/index.html

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

cheers 64g, managed to steal some steam internet at macdonalds, got two new jk ones, just sir harry to get his teeth into them.
having serious internet/songcrafters withdrawl one of the songs is about that but not in an overt way.

ciao for now my big macs arrived
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 06, 2010, 01:33:17 PMcheers 64g, managed to steal some steam internet at macdonalds, got two new jk ones, just sir harry to get his teeth into them.
having serious internet/songcrafters withdrawl one of the songs is about that but not in an overt way.

You guys used to laugh at me for getting my internet at McDonalds. How do you like it now!

Mixed with a GreaseMac it ain't that great is it! ;D

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Gnasty

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 06, 2010, 01:33:17 PMcheers 64g, managed to steal some steam internet at macdonalds, got two new jk ones, just sir harry to get his teeth into them.

LOL....This site rules!!! ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Migs

Quote from: launched on September 06, 2010, 02:15:14 PMYou guys used to laugh at me for getting my internet at McDonalds. How do you like it now!

Hey, I never laughed.  I live on top of a cafe in Bondi which happens to provide free wifi for its customers.  2 rooms in my place just happen to be close enough for me to get free intarnets.

Thank you Unwired

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Ferryman

Forget the free Internet, that statement "I live on top of a cafe in Bondi...." is enough to make most people very jealous! Free Internet is just rubbing our noses in it!

Enjoy Southport Jim, I really didn't know where it is! I get a bit vague on UK geography once you go north of the Thames (being a good Southern boy).

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Ahhh the peace and quiet .....  ;D

nah ... miss you James !! Sorry I missed your call last night ... remember there's an hour difference between hour time-zones, and I'm a bit short on that vampire blood ;D

Quote from: Gnasty on September 06, 2010, 02:29:10 PM

LOL....This site rules!!! ;D
It does  indeed !!! ;D ;D ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........