SD Cards

Started by rraguse, September 06, 2010, 07:42:31 AM

rraguse

Hey everybody it's great to have SongCrafters back. For the longest time my favorites link produced an error but no matter I can get on again.

Question, will any 2gig SD card work in a Micro BR? I have the 1gig card free gift from Boss and the 256k card that came with it. For my uses of this wonderful tool I would like to have several cards. I realize the MBR will not address above 1gig but will a 2gig or 4gig SanDisk card work as a 1gig card?

Thanks everyone, sure did miss this Forum

Rick

64Guitars

Songcrafters has been online continuously since Dec 16, 2007, except for a few days during upgrades and server moves. I think you had an old bookmark. The site was originally microrecorders.org, then BossBR.net, then finally Songcrafters.org. You probably still had BossBR.net bookmarked, which is no longer active.

You can use 2GB SD cards with the Micro BR, but not just any card. Here is Roland's list of compatible and incompatible cards:

http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/faq.cfm?PRODUCT=M-BR&iRcId=38407354&dsp=1

Notice that they list two Lexar 2GB SD cards as compatible, but a third Lexar 2GB SD card is listed as incompatible. Obviously, not all 2GB SD cards will work, even from the same manufacturer.

Most 1GB and under SanDisk cards work well, so I expect their 2GB cards will also work. But there are no guarantees. You'll just have to try it. See if you can find a retailer with a good returns policy so that you can return the card for a refund or exchange if it doesn't work. And don't forget to initialize the card in the Micro BR before you record anything.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website