Off on me hols

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, September 02, 2010, 08:28:52 AM

Hi all, just to let you know i'm off to the US of A very early on Saturday morning. I'm visiting my old mate and bass player Nige in Nashville, on to Memphis and finally Las Vegas for a bit of much needed sun. I can't take the BR900 but I hope to gather some inspiration for when I return. I shall have a final listen tomorrow just to stock the ipod full of good listening for the trip. Regards.............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

have a good time Willie !!! Get inspiration for new music!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

cuthbert

Have fun, Willie...and don't miss Graceland!  :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

launched

You need to check in periodically to hand out the Willie Award, though!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

The people are so nice and the music so good that I award you all a Golden Willie 'til I get back...........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

peterp

I heard of that US place, hows your American engrish :D
Or do you have a special translator book (a la Monty Python)!

Have a great time!

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Bluesberry

The Golden Willie, now thats special.  Sounds like a very nice trip.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

I remember Nige in Nashville! Have fun.

Nige in the UK.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hi All, back to dear to Old Blighty again after a great two weeks in the USA. Nashville, Memphis and Los Vegas, I'm shattered and need another holiday. Saw where the water came up to in Nashville, absolute tragedy, but it was good to see my old mate Nige again and visit a few honky tonks. Good music in nearly all of them especially Tootsies. On to Memphis and Graceland, didn't have time to visit the Sun Studios, maybe next time. Finally Los Vegas, no way to explain that place, gotta be seen to be believed. Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam are well worth a look but we were let down by Papillon Airways who said it was too windy to fly down into the canyon. Funny how all the other companies managed to fly, the only disapointment of the hols though. This was my third time in America and I'm always gratified to find that tourists such as me and Mrs Willie W are treated with respect and kindness wherever we are in the States.
Bit of a deep lurk at the moment, too much work to catch up on but will try and catch up on some of the new music on site................Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

Good to have you back Willie, sounds like a fine trip.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand