Experience / stories recording in a professional studio?

Started by Satchwood, September 01, 2010, 07:04:03 AM

pjd1

Talking about drummers we had a drummer who turned up for a rehersal with his stands cymbols and left his drums at home !!! he only twigged on when he started looking for the box,s ??  i said didnt you think there was something funny when there was more room in the car when you set off ??

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Oldrottenhead

QuoteMore stories?

'Famous' Irish cheesy female singer, who shall remain nameless, took a dislike to henwrench because he had simply had enough after she insisted on soundchecking for over 2 hours. 2 hours! Singer goes to toilet, for a shit or something. henwrench removes mic (SM58) from stand and asks tape-op to keep watch...
        Trousers dropped, I insert the bulbous mic end into my anus/rectum and have a good old root around. Microphone is placed back on stand in the nick of time.
        Soundcheck recommences.
        Cheesy Irish female singer comes in close to the mic, at the request of yours truly. Her eyes begin to water. Tape-op falls from his chair when I point this out to him.
         Cheesy Irish Manager asks his client what's wrong when she starts to splutter and heave at the mic. He thinks she is having a heart attack. She is quite old.
         'I dunno,' she quivers 'The mic....the mic, smells all funny....'
        Tape-op is hiding under the mixing desk by now. Manager asks henwrench to sort it out....I gingerly sniff the mic. Sweet Jesus, it really does smell bad. henwrench suggests the lady rinses her mouth with TCP, and the session, thankfully, is aborted....

henwrench
lmao remind me never to lend you my mbr henny
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Quote from: oldrottenhead on December 04, 2010, 10:52:33 AM
QuoteMore stories?

'Famous' Irish cheesy female singer, who shall remain nameless, took a dislike to henwrench because he had simply had enough after she insisted on soundchecking for over 2 hours. 2 hours! Singer goes to toilet, for a shit or something. henwrench removes mic (SM58) from stand and asks tape-op to keep watch...
        Trousers dropped, I insert the bulbous mic end into my anus/rectum and have a good old root around. Microphone is placed back on stand in the nick of time.
        Soundcheck recommences.
        Cheesy Irish female singer comes in close to the mic, at the request of yours truly. Her eyes begin to water. Tape-op falls from his chair when I point this out to him.
         Cheesy Irish Manager asks his client what's wrong when she starts to splutter and heave at the mic. He thinks she is having a heart attack. She is quite old.
         'I dunno,' she quivers 'The mic....the mic, smells all funny....'
        Tape-op is hiding under the mixing desk by now. Manager asks henwrench to sort it out....I gingerly sniff the mic. Sweet Jesus, it really does smell bad. henwrench suggests the lady rinses her mouth with TCP, and the session, thankfully, is aborted....

henwrench
lmao remind me never to lend you my mbr henny

I'm still laughing about this story as well.....   but yes, (or should i say butt no) stay away from my mbr hermwench lol
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)