Experience / stories recording in a professional studio?

Started by Satchwood, September 01, 2010, 07:04:03 AM

launched

I really enjoyed reading this thread. I want to read more stories, though!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Kenneth

Let us know how it goes ok Satch?
I love the stories as well.

A friend of mine spent thousands making a cd with his band , got some airplay, and a cd release party, but dont think he recouped the $.
Promotion might be tricky.
Hopefully, this wouldn't happen here.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Kevin Mammoth

Quote from: launched on September 02, 2010, 08:46:26 AMI really enjoyed reading this thread. I want to read more stories, though!

me too, this is a great thread - and it may be the closest I ever come to a real recording studio :)
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

henwrench

More stories?

'Famous' Irish cheesy female singer, who shall remain nameless, took a dislike to henwrench because he had simply had enough after she insisted on soundchecking for over 2 hours. 2 hours! Singer goes to toilet, for a shit or something. henwrench removes mic (SM58) from stand and asks tape-op to keep watch...
        Trousers dropped, I insert the bulbous mic end into my anus/rectum and have a good old root around. Microphone is placed back on stand in the nick of time.
        Soundcheck recommences.
        Cheesy Irish female singer comes in close to the mic, at the request of yours truly. Her eyes begin to water. Tape-op falls from his chair when I point this out to him.
         Cheesy Irish Manager asks his client what's wrong when she starts to splutter and heave at the mic. He thinks she is having a heart attack. She is quite old.
         'I dunno,' she quivers 'The mic....the mic, smells all funny....'
        Tape-op is hiding under the mixing desk by now. Manager asks henwrench to sort it out....I gingerly sniff the mic. Sweet Jesus, it really does smell bad. henwrench suggests the lady rinses her mouth with TCP, and the session, thankfully, is aborted....

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Hahahahahahahahahaha, now we are getting the goods.  Crazy stuff.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Ferryman

Hysterical! Although I would hate to have an SM58 where the sun don't shine..... I think my eyes would water....

No such funny stories myself as I was always on the other side of the desk. Just spent too many hours being annoyed by drummers during studio sessions because they are like guys with premature ejaculation problems at an orgy - they get their stuff done first and then they hang around just getting in the way. It's a good thing your drummer is in a box Tommy.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

Quote from: henwrench on September 03, 2010, 09:41:38 AMTrousers dropped, I insert the bulbous mic end into my anus/rectum and have a good old root around. Microphone is placed back on stand in the nick of time.
        Soundcheck recommences.

henwrench

Now I'm starting to understand your career change. Fucking awesome!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR