Electronic - a Ferryman & Son collaboration

Started by Ferryman, August 31, 2010, 04:34:40 PM

Ferryman

ELECT_02
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I haven't posted anything new for a long time and I hoped to get something underway while I was on holiday. I didn't have a lot of luck but I did come back with a couple of loops that I created on the Kaossilator Pro. I did a bit of messing around with them and decided to set my son a holiday challenge - if I came up with a track, I wanted him to provide all the bass work (he's a bass player). So I did a bit more noodling and created a dance track on the Kaossilator Pro. Dan, my son, added some bass and bass synth (using his Boss synth pedal) and then came up with some lyrics, which he sang and I added a vocoder effect with the K Pro.

So here we present "Electronic", which is me on K Pro and guitar (some of the guitar was played direct into the K Pro as part of the loops), with Dan on bass, synth bass and vox. I added the final treated vocal repeat at the end. Everything was mixed and mastered on the MBR.

It's a bit repetitive but it was great fun and it's a dance track, so get dancing! I think Dan rose to the challenge admirably, but I may be biased.....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Vanncad

I dance little a middle-aged white man, so I had to pass on the activity, but it was a great listen.

Man - it must feel great to create something like that with your kid Nigel!

Congrats to you and Dan on laying down a really cool track!

P.S. - I did tap my foot though (if that counts)  ;D
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Oldrottenhead

i didnt find this repetitive at all, bloody magic, i am also jealous that you can get to collaborate with your offspring, my daughters are both very musical but view me as a B.O.F. re my musical mores. they may well be right but when they are older they will thank me the beddytime mixtapes of pixies and stone roses when they are older.

i want one of those k pros, i presume it has a line in mmmmmmmm

oh bloody magic love it
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

That was terrific, Nigel & Dan!  8)

I may be a middle-aged old fart fogey, but I dig the electronic stuff as well!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

antisocialworker

Nice work gents!
I enojoyed listening to this to the end
sounds very professional

Kenneth

Totally professional sounding- WOW!
My kids love this music, and this could easily be played in clubs.
I think the guitar sounded killer too.
Congrats Nigel, you guys nailed it!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

64Guitars

I love electronic music, though my tastes run more to Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis, Kraftwerk, etc. than the latest dance music. But this has shades of both styles and was a very enjoyable listen. Well done, Nigel and Dan.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Redler

Fine post Nigel and Dan!! This could be a big hit in Discoteques! You have combined all parts well together (Kaoss, vox, guitar and bass). Awesome job from both of you!!

Kari

ps. I have tested the cheaper version of Kaossilator and I'm expecting Kaossilator Pro for a test maybe in this week.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Loved it Nigel and Dan !!!

Not the kinda music I listen to often, but this has so many interesting elements that it drew me in and kept me to-tapping, spellbound for 5 minutes.

I wanna play this loud when I get home!!!

Great basswork Dan !!

Fab production and song-"construction" Nigel.  A really refreshing start of the day !!

Do you get to keep the mbr for yourself now, or has Dan begun to occcupy it ? ;)

and yes I want the kpro too !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

I really enjoyed this! I tinkered with this kind of stuff myself in the late 90's, but it was never this good or interesting. There's lots of clever little shifts and phases to this that make it anything but repetitive. A really tight and sparkling production too. My favourite part is the 'electronic' coda towards the end with the guitar riffs and descending, funky bassline. Excellent song and excellent father-son collab. You should do some more like this!