Kicking Horse (Original)

Started by Vanncad, August 30, 2010, 05:46:35 PM

Gnasty

You aren`t going down like a kicking horse on this post Vann the mann!!

This is kick ass bluesy hard rock. Reminds me of Kenny Wayne Shepperd ;) That`s a great thing!

Your wah kicks ass and always tasteful. Like how you used the green Screamer with your patch.

Another great keeper from you! Although i dont recall you ever posting a non-keeper...Awesome!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Facemask93

Can't really say much more than , you know how much i totally rate your musical prowess man , had you become famous , i would have been your no1 fan , Kicking Horse is such a cool song , it's got the lot , and as Willie said , and some , Commercial music nowadays is 95% crap , and a hell of a lot of money is made from that crap , guys like you blow those Mother Fucker's out of the water , with no chance of earning from quality music like this , all i can say is , you got my vote , excellent

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Tangled Wires

Whenever I see a song from you Vann I know it will be a treat, and no exception here. This song gets you right from the outset and doesn't let up in its intensity and performance.

I feel honoured to be treated to true talent such as yours!

You got my vote too!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

100% Bad Ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100% Amazing

Listening to this makes me angry....

It Makes me angry that you aint earning as much as the Music Millionairs!!!

There are bands that recycle the same four songs over and over with different words, and they are STILL selling!!!!!!

Hell.... I was listening to the Wifes MP3 player the other day...  I thought it was Just a really long song, but it was 3 bonjovi songs on Random play....
(Tell me "Bell's of Freedom" isn't just "Bed of roses".....)

This is a fucked up world....

You are AWESOME Vann!

From "Little angel" to this, Your stuff is always fresh and Freaking out of this world!

Your music needs to get out there man... 

Peace

T (OsCKilO)

(Ahhhh...... Rant over.....  Thats better.........  Going for another listen!)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Dmann

wow man, awesome song, awesome mix, stellar wah wah.

launched

PiePod!

This is so awesome it is beyond badass!! All out rockin' goodness, bro!

I really love how you put a song together, everything is so perfect. And that chunky wah is pretty sweet. If I could play like that I would probably splurge for a better pedal, and I would use it all the time.  8)

Well done, killer tune, Vann!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Vanncad

Hey thanks for the support guys!

I gotta tell ya - the wife and kids left for a couple hours so I was downstairs with my guitar cranked, working on this tune, and my Mom decided to make a surprise visit. She let herself in (I couldn't hear the doorbell  ;D), comes walking down the stairs and there I am wailing on a guitar like a maniac. Just like old times!!

It really made me smile, and without this site, I don't think that would have ever happened.

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Bluesberry

Yup, thats the goods Vann-the-man.  Loving your solo right at the moment.  Tight as hell, loose as anything, hard as sun-baked horse droppings.  What the hell can I say...I love it man, I really love it.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

Stellar song, Vann!! Wah wah is perfect flavour on this tune!! Awesome!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Absolutely outstanding. You really know how to rock! Your vocals are - as always - out of this world, but the fact you can sing AND play like this is something special. This stands up against anything out there, and if there was any justice in the world you'd be making mega-bucks playing this to a legion of loyal fans. I love it.