Songcrafters Rock Opera?

Started by 64Guitars, August 29, 2010, 12:53:55 PM

Geir

I seem to remember having seen a lobster-baby here earlier too ......
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Kevin Mammoth

Hey BB & Ferryman, thanks for the slowcoach support about 3 pages back - this thread is moving like wildfire...

FuzzFace, you're on fire, you get my vote to run the show
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

Oldrottenhead

a group of musicians have success online sending mp3s wav files et al to and fro via the www. not because they have met over the internet and are taking advantage of new cyber technology, but because they all hate each other so much that cant be in the same room together, they even have court orders that insist they dont come within three miles of each other.

i can see it in lights now

jemima's kite the opera
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

Rob....  AK......

What a great concept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

Quote from: OsCKilO on September 05, 2010, 03:38:41 AMRob....  AK......

Where did it go?  It just vanished, maybe that was part of the story, that is was all just a dream and it all went poof and vanished.  That is quite the concept Rob, so realistic too, I was reading it and it just vanished, I mean, I went to the bathroom, I was just getting to the ending, where all would be revealed, and poof, its gone.  Its like the meaning of life, you go to the bathroom and poof, its all gone, flushed down the toilet of time as it were.  Grand gesture there.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kenneth

Very cool idea. If I can be useful to this somehow, i'd like to be a small part.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Geir

The vanishing posts .... that's a theme for the opera right there !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

Quote from: Bluesberry on September 05, 2010, 09:25:50 AM
Quote from: OsCKilO on September 05, 2010, 03:38:41 AMRob....  AK......

Where did it go?  It just vanished, maybe that was part of the story, that is was all just a dream and it all went poof and vanished.  That is quite the concept Rob, so realistic too, I was reading it and it just vanished, I mean, I went to the bathroom, I was just getting to the ending, where all would be revealed, and poof, its gone.  Its like the meaning of life, you go to the bathroom and poof, its all gone, flushed down the toilet of time as it were.  Grand gesture there.

You missed it guys....

It was amazing!!!!!

I hope Rob posts it again!
Was a lot of work, and really an interesting concept!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

T.C. Elliott

Quote from: henwrench on September 01, 2010, 09:59:35 AM

I'm sure some of you freaks'll have heard this masterpiece. It's one of my favourite albums of all time. 'They fuck you up, your mom and dad...'

henwrench

A personal fave, actually. Glad to be included with the freaks.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

T.C. Elliott

I'm also gonna throw my two cents in. I'd be more than happy to contribute (or not as is deemed necessary) but I'm thinking it would be fun to have a hodgepodge of musical ideas and genres. Why not have a country standard be followed by a rap? And if it were me making the decision (and I'm not volunteering) It'd be a rough outline (like the one fuzz has made) where people can add more specific parts of the journey or not and sign up for a section and just write it. Then at the end it is all put together.

It'd be a compilation album not by genre but by storyline. It'd be less 'the wall' and more 'Raunchy Business' (which is a collection of raunchy songs not necessarily genre related.)

A compromise between the two views (one is a limited scope of type of music etc, the other being a hodge podge) would be once the tracks were assembled there'd be some collaborations that would connect the pieces instrumentally. It'd be super fun trying to write something that'd connect that country song to that rap song.

ON THE OTHER HAND, if you guys do get it together and have it be a cast of characters throughout, it'd be a huge undertaking with lots of problems to solve, but it has a much bigger upside in possibility. I'd still be willing to help, but I'm not sure how/what to contribute. Possibly we could write songs and then the director could pick and choose the ones that fit the best (as was suggested earlier) so we'd have kind of an audition fest in the works. Plus there would be the possibility of the bonus second disc (or third) of alternate not used material.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London