Songcrafters Rock Opera?

Started by 64Guitars, August 29, 2010, 12:53:55 PM

Gnasty

I don`t know about this! Whenever i hear Rock Opera i think of leotards.

Lobster man sounds Intriguing though.

Here`s the Cast!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Satchwood

That's efin funny Gnasty!!   I want that cast on my rock opera :~)
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Kevin Mammoth

I have this idea involving a hideously deformed rooster - the working title is "Bantam of the Opera"...

Gee that was bad - love the opera concept though, I'm up for it, if anyone can stand my gags
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

Geir

Whatever framework we decide on, I think it would be good if the underlying story in some way could reflect the life on this site!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Kevin Mammoth

Quote from: Geir on August 30, 2010, 07:16:56 AMWhatever framework we decide on, I think it would be good if the underlying story in some way could reflect the life on this site!

How about:  man seeks to stave off mid-life crisis by escaping into alternative online rock universe, to the point where he has difficulty distinguishing between fantasy and reality.... er, hang on, that's sounding like a documentary...
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

tom r

This has certainly taken off!  There are some warped minds me thinks :-)
So a man falls asleep on a beach. We need a back story for him? Maybe he's a high flying music exec who's become dissatisfied?
Decides he's had enough

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Flash Harry

Quote from: tom r on August 30, 2010, 09:52:08 AMThis has certainly taken off!  There are some warped minds me thinks :-)
So a man falls asleep on a beach. We need a back story for him? Maybe he's a high flying music exec who's become dissatisfied?
Decides he's had enough

Tom

Reggie Perrin, the opera!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

FuzzFace

Ok... a record exec is having a midlife crisis and his business is hurting because of new media, he falls asleep at the beach and goes into a dream sequence transporting him back to the inception of recording technology, where he witnesses the recording of some old opera (Enrico Caruso) and becomes inspired again, wakes up and saves rock 'n roll by creating his own independent band of musicians from around the world.

Blooby

I dug into the archives (a post from 8/31/08) to seek out an over-the-top beginning.

Original post: This needs some history.  A keyboardist friend and I constantly joke about creating a progressive rock epic.  We debate about all the elements it needs (atmospheric beginning, acoustic interlude, mellotron choirs, funky time signatures, several sections delineated with roman numerals, etc.) but we never have actually written anything for it.  I was playing with Sony Acid the other day and combined about eight sound files into this...the atmospheric beginning to the prog epic "The Vast Pretense." 

Won't hurt my feelings if it doesn't get used.  I just figure if you're going to do a rock opera, you might as well go prog.

Blooby

Time:
0:00
Volume: