SOS - help Trev on Jango!

Started by trev, August 25, 2010, 03:49:51 PM

trev

Just wondered if I could ask a little favour - My track (Home Alone) is currently doing reasonably well on the Jango radio stations and is now just about within reach of achieving a chart position. All it really needs is for more people to go to the following link and click the fan and like buttons: It doesn't cost anything to register and actually the jango radio network is really good site. I know its a bit of a cheek but as this forum is the first place that Home Alone was publicly aired  it would be really cool if it could get a chart position on Jango. There are another 3 days left to register a vote for this week and the link is:

http://www.jango.com/music/Trevor+Sewell?l=0

thanks please tell your friends aswell :)

If I've overstepped the mark with this post please just tell me and I'll delete it

Trev

Consider it done, regards .....Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

trev

fantastic thanks Willie

:) don't forget to hit the like button I think its that that they monitor - much appreciated.

Trev

Bluesberry

Not a problem Trev, perfectly fine thing to do to get your great song heard by more people.  Hey that Jango looks like a nice site, tell me a bit about it if you don't mind.  I am on a few of these type of sites, Soundclick, Alonetone, Reverbnation.  I find most of them kind of impersonal and not a lot of comments, def not interactive and community spirit like this site, is Jango a little more interactive.  I see lots of comments on your song, thats good.  Soundclick and reverbnation are kinda dead for comments I find, Alonetone a little better but still not too interactive.  You get spoiled on this site, we are a true community here, hard to find another site with the same feeling.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

'Tis done. Quality like this deserves lots of recognition!

trev

Thanks lads and to answer your questions about jango - It's not a community site like this one unfortunately. It is very useful but its also a paid for service where you initially purchase some radio plays and then see if anyone likes it. I've been really lucky so far as the reaction has been very good, hence the comments and this is rewarded by gaining extra free radio exposure. I am generally very sceptical about these types of sites but it does seem to deliver what it says it will, I'll keep you updated as I go along if you like.

What I did think is that if we could organise ourselves so that if anybody on soundcrafters had a release that they were investing in on Jango or any other site that relied on fans and feedback to drive it we could all band together and support each other i.e. if someone had a release and they posted the link here we could all go and comment, like it, and sign up as fans. It's quite an interesting concept as this is a great community of like minded people who could actually have some influence that way. I think that when more people sign up as fans other people see this and also join - however for anyone else who fancys having a go at this - I think its the like button that has the most power although I'm just finding out about how things work as I go along. I also get a list of stats which I'm happy to share  details of with songcrafters members. I really like this site (songcrafters that is) it has done me a lot of good as I know I can just stick something up and get some valuable feedback where I didnt really have that type of platform before. As a community it could be quite powerful if we all supported each other - it would also be fun - what do you think?

Trev

chapperz66

Hi Trevor.  I've clicked all the smiley things on your song at Jango and added myself as a fan.  I'm interested in your concept and will be happy to be part of a mutual support community - after all most commercially "successful" music has probably been assisted in some way and probably in more sinister ways than just a few like-minded individuals saying what they like.  I can't see a problem since I always try and support anybody on here or other sites who asks for a play.

I've not come across Jango before although I do the Soundclick, Myspace, alonetone stuff.  The other site that might be of interest is Tunited.  I caught Midge Ure on the telly the other day talking about this site that he is involved with, which has as an ethos providing a way to give some revenue back to unsigned musicians who post music that people listen to.  I've not really studied the business model but I have posted a few songs and am watching to see what happens.  It's a new site so I guess it's early days yet.  It's free to join - so I have.  I'll keep you posted. The url is:

http://beta.tunited.com/

Paul

chapperz66

I've just had a look at my Tunited page.  I've got about 60 new "Friend" requests and yet the play counter has registered zero plays since I last looked about a week ago.  Could be the counter has gone wrong but some of the requests have come from rappers.  I suspect that such people would not necessarily consider me ideal "friend" material if they had even a quick listen to any of my music.

This doesn't bode well.  Bit sad really but it's still early days.

Paul

trev

Nice one Paul I'll have a look into that tomorrow or maybe later tonight. Thanks for clicking the smiley things its much appreciated. I'm still very new to it and some of the stats don't seem to make a load of sense but essentially Jango seems to be pretty good at delivering what it sets out to i.e. the fans list does seem to be populated with real people - I'll keep a careful eye on it though and generally keep everyone updated. I think for those of you that have reverbnations etc. it would be cool if the whole community could sort of move en mass as it probably doesnt really need big numbers to influence some of these statistics. Same with leaving my space comments etc. - shamefully obvious advertisement now follows: www.myspace.com/trevorsewellmusic is now accepting comments and friend requests etc. oops sorry about that - just couldnt help myself.

Trev

chapperz66

Quote from: trev on August 26, 2010, 09:31:06 AMSame with leaving my space comments etc. - shamefully obvious advertisement now follows: www.myspace.com/trevorsewellmusic is now accepting comments and friend requests etc. oops sorry about that - just couldnt help myself.

Trev

Don't worry, I've already done that!  Incidently, Myspace used to allow you to vet friend requests but now it appears to automatically accept everyone.  I assume that this is why I now seem to be friends with so many human beat boxes and prostitutes.  At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.....honestly m'lud

Paul