Mental Block

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, August 19, 2010, 12:26:26 PM

I'm sure it must happen to others, mental block. you wouldn't believe it. I've struggled for days to find ten minutes of time and now I have a whole evening and nothiing I can concentrate on. Tell me I'm not the only one. I'm gonna go and get a very large scotch and see what happens, HELP..........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

chapperz66

You are not the only one.  Even more frustrating is when you have the ideas but the fingers won't respond.

Paul

Tangled Wires

I can relate to that Willie, although periods like this for me are usually followed by creative ones, its like feast or famine!

I am sure you will be in full flow very soon.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

Just chill out with the guitar bro. . . 

remember it aint a chore. . . .

you should be having fun with it. . ...

Every guitar session doesn't have to be a recording session.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Thanks Guys. It's good to get a reply when you scream..........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ferryman

I had the same happen to me. Have had no time for any music, went away on holiday and planned some quiet time, sat down for about three hours and worked on some stuff which was complete rubbish so I threw it away and didn't touch the gear again. Just take a break and chill, hopefully the muse will retrun (that;s what I am hoping.....).

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

lg

It MUST be a relaxed enjoyable event, or there will be
NO magic...You are trying too hard to push yourself
Becauses you have free time....
Instead , try relaxing with a few beers, and soon the
magic will flow....

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

T.C. Elliott

To quote Stephen Write "I gave my children mental blocks for Christmas."

Like LG said, relax and don't rush it. Take a walk and enjoy the summer colours. Take the dog for a walk. Mow the lawn. Write a 5 minute trash song... just jam out some random chords and sing/yell over it for a few minutes.

Open your mind and heart and let the music pour through you. Think of the muse like water. It'll come gushing out the hose if you just let it trickle through, but if you try to shove it down the hose it'll just spill everywhere and go nowhere you want it to.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........