The F%#kin "A" Yacht!!

Started by Gnasty, August 18, 2010, 08:20:38 PM

Gnasty

This is quite the freakin boat!! I mean yacht!

And to think of the starving children in the world??

http://online.wsj.com/video/inside-a-russian-billionaire-300-million-yacht/B91C478A-E6BB-4FCA-BD8C-61A1E79AB0B0.html

There`s one thing its missing. Musicians!! He should sign some of us up!! I`m in!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Tony W

the first thing across my mind was......38???? I'm 38 too....... I've got a kayak.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

It's a cruel and lopsided world. That's capitalism for you.

Migs

"Money can't buy happiness. But it can buy a boat big enough to sail right up next to it" - David Lee Roth
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Ferryman

I never lose too much sleep over people spending money on ridiculous stuff. The world's an unequal place, always has been, always will be. To a large chunk of the world trying to get by on less than $2 per day (which IIRC is less than an individual cow in the EU receives in subsidies), spending several hundred dollars on a guitar looks pretty wasteful......

The one consolation I take from this is that money can't buy you taste! $300 milllion for a floating tart's boudoir?

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

Yes this dude is 38. He is worth 9.5 Billion dollars they say, so $300 million is peanuts to him.To each his own i guess.

Quote from: Ferryman on August 20, 2010, 03:00:05 AMI never lose too much sleep over people spending money on ridiculous stuff. The world's an unequal place, always has been, always will be. Spending several hundred dollars on a guitar looks pretty wasteful......

The one consolation I take from this is that money can't buy you taste! $300 milllion for a floating tart's boudoir?

Cheers,

Nigel

The one thing i do not agree and having friends with money is this? Yes if i had money to buy a Porsche i would, but it`s all about attitude to me. Don`t act like you built the thing. Anybody can drive one. That`s what pisses me off. Which is why i have to say buying a guitar is not wasteful as long as you can play it. If someone I knew had a Carlos Santana PRS which is worth $10,000 and couldn`t play. That would tick me off!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Tony W

Don't you mean Carlos Santana PRS? I'm going to run out and buy one, play it like shit, just to see what your comment's gonna be........... HAAAA.

Then I'm going to cry myself to sleep, pawn everything I own, because I can't afford a 10k guitar.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

Quote from: Tony W on August 20, 2010, 01:37:14 PMDon't you mean Carlos Santana PRS? I'm going to run out and buy one, play it like shit, just to see what your comment's gonna be........... HAAAA.

Then I'm going to cry myself to sleep, pawn everything I own, because I can't afford a 10k guitar.

Tony dude..you know how to play. I wouldnt be pissed if YOU had one cuz  i know you`d sleep with the thing.

I would sleep with that guitar! It has a hole..LOL
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Tony W

You might have a guitar addiction if you wake up with a guitar on your chest more than once...............

I'm guilty.

Nigel, Gnasty and Tim are right though. I've spent more money on music in the last 16 months than some people make in a year. Part of me feels guilt ridden. A larger part really wants a PRS. Now I feel guilty for being openly selfish.

I hate the debate of capitalism, because it's working in my favor at the moment.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR