"all you are" music by prive lyrics by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, October 02, 2008, 11:47:02 AM

Oldrottenhead

162. all you are
Time:
0:00
Volume:
today i was listening to music posted by prive at his myspace site.
when i heard the tune called el arca it blew me away so i loaded it onto my mbr. the end result is called all you are.
i will post the song and lyrics at the nevermet site asap.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

ALLUR_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
heres link for the song http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6940576

however, i have bin drinking and i doubletracked the vocal but in a falsetto voice but low in the mix. not sure if it works i need feedback on this. posting at nevermet is original but will post this version if feedback sez yes.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

OMG, all the hairs have stood up on the back of my neck.

I love this. I see the influences at work here Jim.

It's magic.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

cheers flash, yeah some blue nile via gabriel mibbes. which version do you prefer,
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

It has to be the second version with the octave voice. It creates a dream like quality that the first take lacks. I think that it adds to the appeal of the song and makes it more wistful and introspective. More like a conversation that we have internally with ourselves.

It's a stunning peice of music.

Marcelo is inspired and your vocals and lyrics are so fitting. I like it because it has so much space. Neither of you are competing for precedence.  You have time to absorb each phrase as you listen and you're waiting for the next and the next.

It sounds like you recorded this live. You could believe that you have done this so many times before and  know each others nuances and are watching what the other is doing. It's so organic and full of feeling and - oh boll*cks. you know what I mean. It's fabulous.

- Kurt Vonnegut.

Flash Harry

- Kurt Vonnegut.

Flash Harry

- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

QuoteDoes Marcelo know?
not yet but ive sent emails etc to him but i know he works long hours and is hard to contact, am sure he will be cool about it tho.
QuoteAnd where is his Myspace?
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=198936867&MyToken=caaae651-c45e-4ae9-a2f4-2b11a6dc7e61
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

I'm sure he will be delighted.

Are you putting the double tracked vox up on the nevermet?
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

i will when i get the chance, first day off ive had in yonks and the good lady has me painting.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann