"Space Captain" - Herbie Hancock, Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeschi

Started by Blooby, August 13, 2010, 04:09:28 PM

Blooby

'From Herbie's Imagine Project

Herbie Hancock, Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeschi, Vinnie Colaiuta, Kofi Burbridge, Otiel Burbridge, and Mike Mattison?  Are you kidding me?

Really enjoying this. Don't know how anybody couldn't like this (save for the piano noody bits, which I actually like). Wish I could have been a fly on the wall.  And could have as it was recorded in Derek Truck's back yard an hour or so from my house.  Must definitely step up my stalking.

Enjoy.

Blooby

Blooby

Another tune from the same disc that I enjoyed.  As a bit of a warning, though, there's also lots of crap on the album should you wish to investigate it any further.

lg

OH MY GOD Blooby!!!!!!!
Thank you for posting this!
WOW!
Now I wanna Jam.....

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

SE

Don,t you would just want to be there, just to have a small part in this terrific music, just a dream.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Blooby

Just read somewhere that Herbie, Derek Trucks, and Susan Tedeschi will be on the Jay Leno show on Thursday.  I assume it will be to perform "Space Captain."

Bluesberry

That Susan Tedeschi sure can sing man.  I love watching that man play slide guitar.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 24, 2010, 06:42:00 PMThat Susan Tedeschi sure can sing man.  I love watching that man play slide guitar.

I'm seeing their newish soul-influenced band on New Year's Eve.

Blooby