'This is a Love Theme' - scope for some tinkering!

Started by Greeny, September 29, 2008, 03:54:39 AM

Greeny

10_TIM GREEN - this is a love theme
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's 'This is a Love Theme' - another song that I've taken as far as I can myself, but one that could definitely be improved with some sympathetic contributions. It's a quiet starter (again), but goes into a sing-a-long, uplifting chorus.

What I'm hearing in my head is some mournful cello / strings on the intro and verse (interested in adding your amazing talent again Marcelo?!).

It also needs bass from when the vox start, right through to the finish.

Something here for Jim too (if you're interested...!). I need some backing vox on the chorus, singing along with me, and adding extra emphasis to the echoed line that pans left at the moment ('This is a love theme...').

I hope everyone's not fed up that I keep posting stuff - it's just a very exciting thing for me to work in collaboration after being solo for so long.

Lyrics for the chorus:

For the lives that we've seen
For the heartaches and dreams
this is a love theme
(this is a love theme)

Bridge:

You drew a heart
in the sand of my mind
your beauty struck me dumb and left me blind

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI hope everyone's not fed up that I keep posting stuff - it's just a very exciting thing for me to work in collaboration after being solo for so long.
haha its me should be saying that, keep em coming tim great stuff, will shortly post redone wounded souls with edited backing vox, and will look at backing vox for this, will try my best not to spoil it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

BACK2_01
Time:
Volume:
ok only listened to this a couple of times, so i didnt want to be too predicable when doing backing vox, but turns out i was coz tim at end does something similar lol. tune reminds me of led zep meets elbow meets crowded house bloody great just hope i havent spoiled it, let me know what you think tim and if you want it done diferrently or not at all.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 29, 2008, 11:21:03 AMok only listened to this a couple of times, so i didnt want to be too predicable when doing backing vox, but turns out i was coz tim at end does something similar lol. tune reminds me of led zep meets elbow meets crowded house bloody great just hope i havent spoiled it, let me know what you think tim and if you want it done diferrently or not at all.

Heh heh. I think we're rocking here. It's really soaring at the chorus now, and it's great hearing something other than my own voice for once! Nice harmonies ORH!

Needs some bass to underpin it all nicely. And cello, hammond, and harpiscord!

Thanks as always - another great collaboration nicely underway

I know what you mean about the Led Zep thing - there's a slightly eastern folky thing going on in the verse. But it's a bit more (to me) like 'The End' by The Doors - same kind of D chord variations. But what do I know? I'm not exactly technically gifted in these things.

Oldrottenhead

am working on a bass track rite now. well wot i mean is im playing it on guitar the plan is to import it to cubase and drop it an octave or two watch this space
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

161. this is a love theme
Time:
Volume:
cannea play bass , have bin on the brandies n coke sounds fab to me but in the cold light of sobriety is probably pish. here it is anywAY, PLAYED BASS ON GUITAR IMPORTED INTO CUBASE AND DROPPED IT ONE OCTAVE. and i musta hit caps lock at some point.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 29, 2008, 03:49:49 PMcannea play bass , have bin on the brandies n coke sounds fab to me but in the cold light of sobriety is probably pish. here it is anywAY, PLAYED BASS ON GUITAR IMPORTED INTO CUBASE AND DROPPED IT ONE OCTAVE. and i musta hit caps lock at some point.

I've forgotten my headphones - will have to nip out from work and buy some spares so I can have a listen. Not quite ready to do a full broadcast to my work colleagues (yet... !).

I left my proper pair at home 'cause I was over-excited when I heard the version with your backing vox, and went to bed with that bloody chorus going round and round in my head!

Can't wait for Marcelo to add his magic...

Prive

Hi people!! i'm really thankful for your words about my collaborations, i'm a little sick right now, i've catched some cold so i can't think really well.
I hope to work your songs this weekend, thanks again!!!!!

Saludos from Argentina!!!!!!!
Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

Greeny

Hey! Hope you feel better soon. Take it easy  :)

All the best,
Tim