"A song for my friends" a Geir original

Started by Geir, August 10, 2010, 06:51:38 AM

T.C. Elliott

"... and the monkeys."
sweet... maybe too sweet for the likes of me. Thanks.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

antisocialworker

yeah this is brilliant
fantastic write man

Tangled Wires

The sort of song that stops you in your tracks with its emotion and beauty.

It is simple but anthemic at the same time, it is absolutely stunning Geir!!

If there ever was a Songcrafter's festival, this would be the closing sing-a-long!.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenneth

This is why i'm so happy to have found this forum. Beautiful.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Flash Harry

Geir!

It's briliant!

Jim was on the phone to me earlier today. We'll be in touch.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

hardlock

I'm sure everyone covered all the details already but yes indeed Geir, another excellent song!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Geir

Wow ...... back from vacation today and I find this song on the first page, lyrics and all .... thank you so much for the fantastic feedback. I'm so glad I joined this great site and met all you guys ... I think I need a year off sooon to go visit you all !! :)

Once again,I really appreciate all the kind feedback from you my friends, and I have a lot of catching up to do, so much wonderful music posted here every day! I think I need a new vacation, this time connected, to catch up ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

I agree with all the comments about making this our anthem. It encapsulates everything we do, everything we want, and everything we are. The sentiment and power are one thing, but this is such a sublimely beautiful song in it's own right. It's a staggering piece of songwriting, Geir. It's like all of your talent and musical genius distilled into it's purest form. To say I'm moved is an understatement. To say I agree with every word is much easier. I'm often spellbound by your songs, but this one goes beyond that even. 

des0free

Beautiful!  This gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.  Songcrafters annual convention?  In SoCal?
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Just got to this because I've got so much catching up to do and I can only agree that this is just fabulous at every level. It's a great, inspiring song that really lifts the spirit and sends tingles up and down the spine. It works as a special song for all of us, but it also works on a wider level, this could be a huge global hit.

Brilliant chord sequences that John and Paul would be proud of and great vocals as well. This is a song to be treasured, and it will be.

Well done Geir!!!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR