"A song for my friends" a Geir original

Started by Geir, August 10, 2010, 06:51:38 AM

Oldrottenhead

who is this sir flash guy. have no idea how the featured song thingy works but im sure 64 does.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

lg

Geir, This is Beyond Beautiful!
Here I sit, my eyes all wet and wishing we could all meet up.
This song is so full of emotion and truth!
It is an anthem.

LG

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Geir

On phone at cabin so I'll be brief for now.

Thank you, my friends! You really mean a lot to me!
If anyone want to add to this, feel free. I'd be honored!
This site is the greatest!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Satchwood

Great song Geir.!:!.  It's such a wonderful pleasure and a great honor to have all of you as friends, from all around the world!!  A lot to do with this great site, and because of all you songcrafters sharing encouraging comments, hopes, dreams, thoughts, knowledge, and sharing great and wonderful music!!

It's an anthem; thank you for the reminder Geir with a marvelous song!

Tommy Satchwood..
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Krasi

You seem to have the talent to play and sing in every style I know of. This is a masterpiece and it is recorded so well!!! Your voice is fantastic for an emotional song like this!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Nelson

Quote from: oldrottenhead on August 10, 2010, 11:06:27 AMbeen listening to this all day, i think we should all add to this with lots of vocals gnasty planted a seed with me i was think we could all sing along like on we are the world kinda stylee, with mr alfsen's permission of course.
whaddyathink?
A song like this doesn't come around often and these opportunities are few and far between. Can you imagine the ultimate song of collaboration and friendship.
I see it possibly going 2 ways.
1= split up the line and everyone play their favorite instrument sort of a showcase or
2=Keep the music simple ( a few string instruments and split the lines and mix as if everyone is sitting around in someones basement or the back porch of someone house.
Geir,  No BS you are a genius. I just love the lyrics, the music and the sentiment.
Best of Luck with it...

Nelson
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Jim1970

Fantastic!!!!
The sound Quailty is top Notch.
Fantastic!!
JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

can you post the lyrics geir i cant quite work out the name of the place you mention
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Wow!!!! Beautiful and wonderful, you are the songwriting pro!

Like Jim said, post the lyrics - I want to sing to this right now!

Love you bro!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Although I only said it as a joke and am now slightly embarassed by it, this song definitely deserves a Golden Willie Award.
It encapsulates everything I've thought about this site since I joined...............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800