marked all messages read too much to catch up on help!

Started by Oldrottenhead, August 09, 2010, 12:26:56 PM

Oldrottenhead

just back from a fab holiday in corfu, and about to play catch up too much to listento so hit the mark all messages read button.
would be extremely grateful for advice on what to listen to first.

ta in advance
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on August 09, 2010, 12:26:56 PMjust back from a fab holiday in corfu, and about to play catch up too much to listento so hit the mark all messages read button.

Welcome back, Jim!  Missed you, man.

Quotewould be extremely grateful for advice on what to listen to first.

BeatlesFest

Too many great songs to list. Just start the jukebox playing and enjoy! Use the Song Index section to find the original post if you want to comment.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Satchwood

Welcome back Jim!!  I hope you feel all rested and all, and ready to make some music!!

Of course, you can never go wrong listening to any Satchwood tunes lol
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Tony W

Welcome back Jimbo

Listen to page 3 of originals first, and work your way back up to the top. Then check out Beatlesfest. It's amazing.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

QuoteYo!  Buy any baby food?
no "mea beeba parakhalo" stories this year. will tell that tale on here one day lol.

suitcases to empty and washings to do so no chance to do anything. did a new song in corfu with damian for longhair tigers but it needs a lot of tweaking. hopefully get a chance to finish it soon. heres a wee pic of me and the missus.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

henwrench

Nice pic, Jimbo! Sure you were'nt in my garden? Glad to see your home safe n well...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

is that your eyes reflecting behind my shoulder henny? lol. might as well tell the "mea beeba parakhalo" story.

in roda in corfu where above pic was taken. above pic taken last week. but 13 years ago we went to same place with my oldest daughter (she was 10 months old). we where running out of baby formula (powdered baby milk). i had made my first tentative steps to learn to speak a little greek.

i asked a waiter in a restaraunt how to ask for baby milk. he said just say "mea beeba parakhalo" (or something very similar.)

so next morning i set off into the next town where there was a supermarket that sold baby milk (roda was a little village then) and asked the girl there "mea beeba parakhalo"  but she didnt understand. so i said it again and stuck my thumb in my mouth miming a baby sucking a bottle.

she called here boss, who asked what i was wanting and who had sent me. i said beeba  baby milk. socretes the waiter told me to ask for that.

i was in fact asking for a blow job.

later that day i caught up with socretes his excuse was i was very very drunk and he thought i would have forgotten in the morning.

a year later i return with wife and daughter, we dump cases in apartment and head straight out to eat, after our long flight and transfer. we go to socretes place. its early so everywhere is empty but he has two customers a man and his wife(who i later discover where scottish) socretes has his back to me they are all laughing and having a good time. the  man taps socretes on the shoulder to say that there are customers , socretes turns and sees me and points to me whilst looking at the couple and shouting "thats him! thats him! peelly wally jimmy the guy that asked for the blowjob". we didnt see him this year he hasnt been seen for nearly twelve years now.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

every word is true except for the last sentence that bugger is still sending people to the supermarket to ask for the strangest things.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann