J. Entwistle, J. Walsh, Skunk Baxter, S. Phillips, K. Emerson?

Started by Blooby, August 07, 2010, 11:11:28 AM

Blooby

Anybody knew this band existed?  Apparently, they released the one live concert in Japan.  Their Youtube videos are a little raw, but I thought it was interesting. What an odd assortment of musicians.

Blooby

pjd1

recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Bluesberry

Can anybody say "supergroup", what a monumental sound.  I find the singer looks a little out of place with the rest of these cats, who is he.  It kinda reminds me of Steely Dan stuff.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Quote from: Bluesberry on August 08, 2010, 08:42:43 AMI find the singer looks a little out of place with the rest of these cats, who is he.

Rick Livingstone (from Winnipeg, Manitoba).

QuoteIt kinda reminds me of Steely Dan stuff.

That's not too surprising. "Bodhisattva" was the first track on Steely Dan's 1973 album "Countdown to Ecstasy". Jeff "Skunk" Baxter was their guitarist and a founding member of the band.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bluesberry

Thanks Blooby & 64G, I have learned something today, its always a good day when you learn something new.  This site is so great for finding out new music.  I like that Skunk guy's guitar playing, looks like nothing really but sounds huge, great guitar player isn't he.  That singer looks too "Hair Metal" though, his image doesn't fit with the groove going down (he does have a good voice).

I never followed Doobie Brothers stuff too close, or Steely Dan for that matter, I didn't realize that this Skunk dude was a founding member and guitar God for these two bands, I am educated now.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

pjd1

Did anyone notice J.Walsh not playing some of the chords !!!! cant think how the singer is but there is a lot of hair going on in there !

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Bluesberry

"Skunk" Baxter, what a character, the dude can play anything, true guitar God status.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBcen1w6NQs

And look what the dude is doing now?  crazy stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Twg_NpQmk

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Quote from: PJD1 on August 08, 2010, 11:21:42 AMDid anyone notice J.Walsh not playing some of the chords !!!!

In 1990, when this video was made, Joe Walsh had severe alcohol and drug addiction. He's now recovering and seems to be doing well.

To tie this into BeatlesFest, did you know that Joe Walsh's wife is the sister of Ringo's wife, Barbara Bach? Walsh married Marjorie Bach on December 13, 2008.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

pjd1

I never knew that about Joe that would explain for him not playing on some of the song , but when he did play magic ! saw him play around 96 at the MEN a night i will never forget my all time best ever gig with the eagles that is ! i was about 20 foot away from him what a player a what a collection of guitars !!
I did not know about that about his missus either fancy your,e brother in law being ringo starr !!! or Joe walsh for that matter !!
Dunny

recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

SE

recorder
Boss BR-80