The new ridiculous "Desert Island" album thread! Rules are in first post.

Started by Blooby, August 07, 2010, 08:23:36 AM

Bluesberry

Quote from: Gritter on August 07, 2010, 04:37:11 PM

Howlingly good, when in the islands, and needing some soul music, you can't do wrong, go wrong, turn left, turn right, sing a song, without The Clash.  I agree.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Man, that was weird, I was looking at the Clash, when I posted it was this...must check out...like the look of the cover...

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Holy shit, I have been educated again...Chuck E, Weiss is gooood shit...Thanks again Sandy.  I am loving this guy right now, in this time, that I am listening on I-tunes, and loving my ears for the ability to sort out the sounds, its very good.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

Quote from: Bluesberry on October 07, 2010, 07:29:46 PMMan, that was weird, I was looking at the Clash, when I posted it was this...must check out...like the look of the cover...
I was just changing it.  :D

Chuck E Weiss was immortalized in the hit song "Chuck E's In Love" by Rickie Lee Jones who was Tom Waits girlfriend at the time...which brought me to this album. There's some funny stuff on here and some crazy stuff but the groove is always there...a real fun time all the way through!

Tom Waits, Check E, Weiss and Rickie Lee Jones

Facemask93

I've spent some time mulling this over , my conclusion being , in the event of not having an instrument with me , my only other requirment would be being able to use my voice , ie sing , therefore i would need an album that i would never tire of singing along with

Then it was easy , ELO , Eldorado , perfect

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Bluesberry

Quote from: Gritter on August 07, 2010, 04:37:11 PMBest album to put your woman in a raunchy mood. So it really depends who you're stranded with!

Hey what's this one all about, time to check it out...

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

And remember folks "Do as Elliot would, but this Holiday Season please do it responsibly."

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

recorder
Boss BR-80

chip withrow

The first album that came to mind was "London Calling" by The Clash. I pondered this for a few hours and the answer is still "London Calling."
Summer of '80, there was a tornado warning in our Ohio town and my parents had us go to the basement. I took two things I wanted to keep if the house blew away - my baseball glove and my vinyl "London Calling."