The new ridiculous "Desert Island" album thread! Rules are in first post.

Started by Blooby, August 07, 2010, 08:23:36 AM

Greeny

Reflecting my current mood, I now want to takes something a little more primal:

Siouxsie and the Banshees 'Once Upon a Time: The Singles'.

danieldesete

After a day worth thinking about this, I'm taking Bob Dylan's Oh mercy... And I'll hide the bootleg series album -tell tale signs -that goes with it in my underwear. (Is underwear aloud ?) . Maybe we could all go to the same desert island, to have more to listen to. (We would definitively need underwear)
daniel
hou hou ha ha

Gnasty

Okay, i am gonna have to say this is what changed me. Hearing God of Thunder when i was 5 or 6 years old. I don`t like what was done to Kiss after Ace Frehley left the very first time but this is one of my favourite Live Albums. Great rock`n roll songs on this one!!

The way they dressed and their makeup and Gene Simmons spit blood and fire, and their now cheesy KISS meets the Phantom movie gave everyone the illusion that they were really not human.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gritter

Quote from: Bluesberry on September 07, 2010, 07:13:46 AM
Quote from: Gritter on August 07, 2010, 04:37:11 PM
WOW, now thats the bomb.

I Looove it. It's all soooo gooood. It WOW's me everytime I listen to it. Monk is in his own league...he makes time wait for him...fricken genius!

launched

Quote from: oldrottenhead on August 12, 2010, 04:00:01 PMbefore i change my mind

This album is an essential. One of my faves. That and the first Catholics album.

TOTY should be listened to over and over and over again until you feel funny. Then give it a long break - The next listen is an mind opener.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

AndyR

I've looked at this thread a coupla times.

Each time I think "oh sheesh! only one?!?!"

I assume most people have the same problem as me - even my favourite albums, if I could only have one, would probably get on my nerves eventually (faves, that I'm not choosing, include such things as Night at the Opera, Out of the Blue, Irish Tour 74, Made In Japan, Hounds of Love, loads, and loads... etc...)

I've nearly even replied with "if I can only take one, I'll take a BBC sound effects record and use it as an ash-tray - if I'm gonna get stuck with one, I'd rather have none..."

BUT, finally, I realise I can choose one. It's not my favourite album, but I know I could listen to it over and over again... It fulfills many things I want out of music, and it still has loads of stuff hidden in it that I haven't found yet:

The Allman Brothers Live at Fillmore East

EDIT: I probably ought to listen to it again soon then! :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

SdC

recorder
Boss BR-600

Blooby

Quote from: AndyR on September 24, 2010, 05:30:58 AMThe Allman Brothers Live at Fillmore East

EDIT: I probably ought to listen to it again soon then! :D

If I had to go rock, I think I might agree. My favorite band.

Quote from: SdC on September 24, 2010, 06:56:32 AMThe Band - The Last Walz

Another grand listen. I think MoO is influenced by them indirectly.

Blooby