The new ridiculous "Desert Island" album thread! Rules are in first post.

Started by Blooby, August 07, 2010, 08:23:36 AM

Migs

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Saijinn Maas

This is frickin hard! But in the end, I had to go with something that affected the course of my youth and formed the backbone of my musical inclinations!

Kevin Mammoth

If I was genuinely going to be stuck on a desert island I think I'd want Bob Marley or something - because that's what you'd want listen to on a desert island, wouldn't you? But in the gist of this thread, it would probably be....

(and I chose the cover from the cassette I had when I travelled with it in the early 90's, not the other one which is probably better known).
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

chapperz66

As others have said, choosing just one is really tough, but after much soul-searching it has to be Leftoverture by Kansas. I bought the album twice on vinyl having worn out the first copy.  The CD is seldom ignored for very long.

Vanncad

Tough one Blooby.

I gotta go with "Sonic Temple" by The Cult, because everytime I hear "American Horse" I want to play my guitar at "11".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oW_XK6C-jk
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Ferryman

Quote from: Greeny on August 16, 2010, 06:39:00 AMOnly one? Jeez! I guess it'll have to be this...

You want it for the picture don't you....? G'wan, g'wan, admit it.........

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman on August 18, 2010, 05:10:31 AM
Quote from: Greeny on August 16, 2010, 06:39:00 AMOnly one? Jeez! I guess it'll have to be this...

You want it for the picture don't you....? G'wan, g'wan, admit it.........

* busted *

lol

And for the music!!!!

FuzzFace

Quote from: Vanncad on August 17, 2010, 03:48:50 PMTough one Blooby.

I gotta go with "Sonic Temple" by The Cult, because everytime I hear "American Horse" I want to play my guitar at "11".

I love it!  I also love "The Cult - Love".  I could even challenge my previous choice with this.

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.