The new ridiculous "Desert Island" album thread! Rules are in first post.

Started by Blooby, August 07, 2010, 08:23:36 AM

Blooby

I know in advance this is stupid and difficult. And I recall similar things like this happening in the past.

Here are some ground rules (that surely won't be followed).  How about no waffling?  No "I was going to choose this but went with that" stuff.  Just state the artist, the single album of your choice, and some support (if you so desire).

I hate to start off with a cliche, but the album is popular for a reason.  I'm going with Kind of Blue by Miles Davis.

Blooby

henwrench

Tom Waits.     'Blood Money'        Overlooked masterpeice.

henwrench

The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

for my money, one of the founding rock records of all time.  This record influenced so much that came after...damn I love it.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

FuzzFace

My favourite album of all time has to be U2 Achtung Baby.

The emotional depth as a response to Germany's re-unification, the freshness of modern sounds and how the group as good as they pushed themselves to become a new band, made this album a perfect European counterpart to America's grunge movement.  Achtung Baby is the more complex European answer to Pearl Jam Ten.

A masterpiece.

Bluesberry

I agree with you about that one Fuzz, that was U2's finest moment, it all started to go downhill after that (my opinion),  That is their one true moment.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

s.w.goatlips

Frustration is my middle name.

Blooby

Quote from: Bluesberry on August 07, 2010, 08:50:03 PMfor my money, one of the founding rock records of all time.  This record influenced so much that came after...damn I love it.

I didn't now there was a deluxe edition of the Beano album. 

Must investigate now.

Blooby

Bluesberry

Quote from: Gritter on August 07, 2010, 04:37:11 PM
What happened to the first one you posted here Sandy...Tom Waits "Mule Variations".  I went out today and picked it up based on your recommendation.  I hate to admit but I have never given that one a spin.  Holy crackers is that some album or what, blew my head clean off.  I had it in the car with my son and we cranked er coming home from the mall, what a riot, him and I trying to sing along all the way home at the top of our lungs.  What a fine collection of roots music that is.  Paul Simon seems almost too safe and sophisticated compared with Mule Variations.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

before i change my mind
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann