Sneaking Out in Disgrace by Nelson

Started by Nelson, July 30, 2010, 04:32:18 PM

cuthbert

Sorry I'm late to the party - been wrapped up in the BeatlesFest.  ::)

Excellent song, Nelson! Love the contrast between the light-hearted guitar and the sad subject matter in the lyrics. And your vocals sound great, as always.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Nelson

Hey guys thanks for taking the time to listen.
First Mr2Kewl I often feel the same way.
I love to hear that folks are relating to my songs because I honestly write every song as if it is happening to me so if I'm relating to it,I  think Jesus... someone else must relate to it.
I also love the fact that the contrast between the sunny music and the not so sunny lyrics is appreciated. Or should I say "the guitar track and the lyrics are brilliantly juxaposed" courtesy of Sir Harry Flashman. Thank you my dear Sir.
I appreciate every ones comments and I continue to work hard to earn your respect.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Tony W

Nelson, you never cease to impress. I don't think I've heard a dog from you yet. Every time I fire up a Nelson song, it's moving.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

T.C. Elliott

This is another great song. The doubled vocals are an excellent touch. I think it's good the way it is and have already listened twice. Is the first part of the chorus melody pretty similar to the verse melody? That might be changed up somehow just for variety. But it totally works as is. I fear I've been reading too much about songwriting instead of doing songwriting so sometimes that gets in the way of my commenting. Lyrically its good and musically it's every bit as good.

The final word is this: It's a keeper for sure.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

SwanSong

WELL DONE NELSON . wonderful catchy song. love the story telling also
very creative. and well sung. thumbs up .tc NEIL ..............................

Jim1970

What a Wonderful Song!!!!
You have such a Great voice as well.

JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Nelson

Quote from: T.C. Elliott (Pig) on August 02, 2010, 06:23:07 PMThis is another great song. The doubled vocals are an excellent touch. I think it's good the way it is and have already listened twice. Is the first part of the chorus melody pretty similar to the verse melody? That might be changed up somehow just for variety. But it totally works as is. I fear I've been reading too much about songwriting instead of doing songwriting so sometimes that gets in the way of my commenting. Lyrically its good and musically it's every bit as good.

The final word is this: It's a keeper for sure.
Yeah TC, you hit the nail on the head.

I have to do something about that.

Hey thanks guys Glad you like it. It wasn't story I had in mind for the music but you know how it is when you're lucky enough to have a song start writing itself, you just step aside and let it go as it pleases.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Bob Iles

Nelson,

Don't know how I've missed your posts in the past, but this is phenomenal! This hit me where it really counts...in the heart. Great job!
You've only got 12 notes and however you mix them up is your thing. - Edward Van Halen

SE

Well Mr Nelson this is just class, vox and  bass are stand outs for me, really well put together, so many nice touches,a really excellent tune.
recorder
Boss BR-80