An American visiting America

Started by visiblemember, July 30, 2010, 10:22:10 AM

visiblemember

Hi all. I'm back in the states for a month, mostly Florida, visiting family and friends. I'm in Gainesville now and I've been to High Springs to see an old high school buddy. I think blooby is from around here. I listened to some local oldies play at their regular pub.  And now I drop the names. Don David, Kenny Shore, Mike Boulware, Tommy Holtz and the drummer, I never knew before, something Jorgenson. Hogtown hasn't changed and that's a good thing.
  Here is what I see that has changed or what looks different from my new European perspective. The line up of new Dodge cars. Man oh man! The Charger and the Challenger are very cool and retro. I've spent eight years paying pretty much twice what fuel costs here. And I was sure I could easily lecture my friends about saving. No! I can't. It'd be like telling all my buddies to marry a slow ugly woman! You'll be better off in the long run. That's all I got time for now. Saturday we're off the Greensboro. I'll skip over to Charlotte visit some more musical friends who seem to be a bit more upwardly mobile.
Thom
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Hi Thom, have a wonderful time at home but did you have to mention the price of fuel??  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Blooby

Thom, my email is bdj321@hotmail.com and I work in Gainesville.  Would love to meet somebody from the site if only for a beer.

Tom Holtz works half a mile from my school in the local music store, and I am jealous of Mike Boulware as he is part owner in Duane Allman's "Layla" Goldtop Les Paul.

Blooby

visiblemember

Blooby, we'll be back in hogtown on the 9th til th 15th. I've got your mail and looking forward to meeting you.
Thom

Blooby

Thom, just wanted to say what a pleasure it was to meet you.  I look forward to future collaborations.

Blooby

launched

Quote from: Blooby on August 10, 2010, 05:43:04 PMThom, just wanted to say what a pleasure it was to meet you.  I look forward to future collaborations.

Blooby

C'mon guys, that was just a tease. Get us a couple photos of you both doing something insanely stupid, or at least hanging out with Tom Jones.

I'm jealous, though - Haven't met a forum member yet. Wait... Cuth lives in Portland - How 'bout a local micro at Dewey's?
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

visiblemember

Dear blooby, thank you so much for inviting me into your home, sharing your vast selection of beers, allowing me to play your mandolin, choose a woman from your harem (LOL), etc..
   Yes, your mondo is a keeper! Looking forward to colabing. Sorry to the crew--no pics, VM